De Lurking with a question..............

iVillage Member
De Lurking with a question..............
Sun, 09-07-2003 - 8:21pm
Hi my name is Terri and I have enjoyed all the recipies on this board thank you. About 10 years ago I had a boyfriend who was a cook in a restraunt. He made spagehtti sauce (other things to of course) anyhow.he brought me home some spaghetti one night and it was wonderful. I asked how he made it and he told me some ingredients but he said the real secret was the 7-up. He said they put 7-up in it to cut the acid from the sauce. Has anyone ever done this or heard of it. I wonder if you could just add a 1/2 cup to the sauce you use normally. Ant thoughts?
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-07-2003 - 8:44pm
Never heard of 7-Up in spaghetti. I'll have to try it. What I'd do is start small (maybe 1/8 of a cup) and sample as I cook. Great sounding idea. BTW, we'd love for yo to stick around.

Tracy

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-07-2003 - 8:59pm
Hi Terri - - and Welcome!!

I've Never heard of 7-up in sauce, but, I bet it works if they do it in the restaurant. I put a bit of sugar in my sauce and that cuts the acidity too. Plus, I just like sweet sauce!(lol) Next time I make some sauce maybe I'll try that. . . hey, I wonder if it works with DIET 7-UP? (wink,wink)

Hope to see you again soon!

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-08-2003 - 11:32am
Hi Terri! So glad you joined us! There is a restaurant here locally (Italia Gardens) that has a sweet spaghetti sauce too. It really does cut the acidity. I'm sure your boyfriend was using 7-up instead of plain sugar. It sounds great to me! I love it.... I guess you're just going to have to experiment using the 7 up but start with a little and then keep adding until it's the sweetness you like. I wish I had a recipe but i searched for one and couldn't find any. I guess he had a 'secret' recipe ... myabe you can talk him out of it, huh? Hope you stick around so we can all get to know you better!

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526