Tracy and Tracy

iVillage Member
Tracy and Tracy
Mon, 09-08-2003 - 12:33am
Have either of you tried the muffins again?? Did they turn out...I still feel really bad about it! :)

Hugs,

Emily

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting 

iVillage Member
In reply to: ejrampe
Mon, 09-08-2003 - 7:12am
LOL...I have bought new powder and soda, more butter (which I needed anyway), and another container of plain yogurt. Every time I go to the store, I forget the blueberries. I just woke up this morning and laughed at myself again for having no blueberries. I'll get to them later this week. I think I over beat them, which I hadn't thought about until you mentioned it. SO, stop feeling bad, the muffins will be conquered.

Tracy

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
In reply to: ejrampe
Mon, 09-08-2003 - 1:06pm
Aw, Emily, my muffin fiasco is not your fault and nothing to feel bad about!(lol)

I DID try again just this morning....THIS TIME: I had new powder and soda, new flour. I only made 1/2 batch and this filled a muffin/cupcake tin of 12.

This time I took a napkin and sprayed it with the non-stick spray stuff and just wiped the bottoms of the cups. Not the sides.

I also was very gentle with the batter and did not overmix.

I baked these at the 375 degrees noted but only for 18 minutes.

Now, They did rise some - - definitely not concave....more like level!(lol) Flat.

BUT the most important thing is that they are DEEEEE-lish!! They have a heavier texture than a package mix for blueberry muffins BUT that is very good!! See, I think last time I expected a "light" muffin, and these are more like the consistency of a banana bread...heavy and moist. Again tho, that is just fine with me as the flavor AND the texture are quite tasty.

So, do NOT feel badly about this recipe!! I LOVE these muffins and so does my hubby!

Thank you Em for giving us this recipe.

hugs at ya,

tracy