so confused

iVillage Member
so confused
Fri, 01-22-2010 - 11:41pm

I am not sure if you write back to people who are not bipolar. I am not but my husband was diagnosed a few months ago. we have been married for 10 years and this is so confusing to me. He is depressed right now, and extremely insecure for absolutely no reason. He is on depakote and abilify. I constantly read about bipolar and I seen only a few symptoms. I have never seen him so happy or overly confindent, spending money or anything like that. His main problems were anger, which has been awesome since the meds, racing thoughts about anything and self pity. He thank God has never felt suicidal or so depresesed that he constantly sleeps. He does have difficulty sleeping at night now though. I was on the computer for 8 hours today. I asked him to ask his psychiatrist if he can take the otc of lithium which is lithium ocolate with his depakote and abilify. I also want him to do the b 12 and omega 3 pills. I guess my confusion is he really bipolar? I think the doc would know, but i feel like its something else. I have 4 kids and we are all in counseling. Just knowing all this has effected everyone and how we lived in arguments but therapy is helping. Has anyone ever taken lithium ocolate? Plus he thinks I cheat on him and "know" I don't but cant stop thinking about it. It is ruining me and my spirit for him to

iVillage Member
In reply to: jonapa
Sat, 01-23-2010 - 2:22pm

Welcome jonapa,

It is not for me to say whether your husband is or is not bipolar, though the symptoms you say he has is on the list of bipolar symptoms that psychiatrist go by. People who have bipolar illness do not always have all the symptoms. I do not overspend

~ Tina ~

iVillage Member
In reply to: jonapa
Sun, 01-24-2010 - 12:50pm
Thanks for bringing out the fact that BiPolar needs to be treated by a professional.