? ? ? ? ? Friday Five ? ? ? ? ?

iVillage Member
? ? ? ? ? Friday Five ? ? ? ? ?
Fri, 09-12-2003 - 9:28am
1. As a child, who was your favorite superhero/heroine? Why?

2. What's the worst birthday gift you've ever received?

3. What's your favorite piece of clothing that you currently own?

4. What was one thing you always wanted as a child but never got?

5. Do you wash dishes by hand or in the dishwasher? What detergent do you use?

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-12-2003 - 9:36am

~ I loved the Superfriends. I had a Catwoman doll that I thought was the greatest. I always cheered for the Legion of Doom.

~As a child I hated getting clothes.

~any old ratty t-shirts with jeans

~I can't think of anything now

~dishes in dishwasher, pots by hand. I use whatever soap is on sale.

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-12-2003 - 9:39am

I loved Batman & Robin... not sure why, but I think it was because they were good looking...LOL. Believe it or not, when i see it on tv now (the adam west/burt ward one)

I just have to watch it!

I don't think I've ever gotten a bad birthday gift. Well, maybe a pair of shorts from my mom that was 3 sizes too big... man alive, how big did she think my butt was? LOL J/K

All my nightgowns.... i just love lounging around the house in pretty, comfortable nightgowns...

A trampoline

Both... but try to use dishwasher more. I use Palmolive (pink) for handwashing and Cascade Complete for the dishwasher.

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-12-2003 - 10:58am

Honestly, I do not remember a favorite superhero...we didn't watch that much of that kind of tv back then. Maybe Superman.

I've gotten good presents but probably the one that didn't work out was pierced earrings....I have NO piercings...not because I'm against piercing, I'm Just chicken!

A purple sleeveless silk shirt that I have washed so many times it is almost threadbare.

Easy - - an Easy Bake Oven - - - I Hated the food my mom cooked for the most part and wanted to cook my own!(lol) I Never got one and THAT's why I can't cook!(lol)

I almost Never use the dishwasher. We use I think it's called Sunlight - - it's yellow....and Cascade IF use dishwasher.

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-12-2003 - 12:49pm

WonderWoman!!! Loved her outfit, boots and headband... the lasso of truth. Had a swimsuit like her outfit. Loved it, my mom has it in her cedar chest.

LOL I don't know I've had quite a few disappointing gifts. I know it's the thought that counts... but you look and wonder why they thought you'd like it? or enjoy it? Doesn't fit you at all!!! This year probably the wold statue thing my mother got me. ? why I don't know. It's well it won't go with anything, I am not particularly fond of wolves. She could have sent me a bithday card and gift certificate which would have cost less to mail and thrilled me. LOL I still have it in the box but what will I do with it?

3. What's your favorite piece of clothing that you currently own? ?Ummm.. soft worn T-Shirt and shorts to laze around in.

Who me? Ha I was spoiled rotten. I don't know. I wasn't a unrealistic child... I don't think at least. I got a cat, got a dog, got a horse, got the saddle etc. I got a car (used, we were far from rich just poor country folks) I don't know.

I use what's on sale and DISHWASHER cause I hate doing dishes. :)

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-12-2003 - 1:40pm
I can't believe there is another ear piercing chicken out there. I broke down 1 1/2 years ago and had it done, I ws 30. I have a tattoo, so it's not a fear of needles, I just lost it over the idea of something puncturing my skin. I always wanted them pierced, just too scared. Then (long story) one of my friend's husband dies. Cop thing- he was shot in the line of duty. I was home on maternity leave so I spent a lot of time with her. She wanted to take me to do it and at that point, she was getting anything she wanted. So I broke down and did it. Very happy about it now.

Tracy

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-12-2003 - 2:44pm
Wow - must have been scary losing someone so close to home from the job. YOU guys are MY heroes. Tough job.

Cool on the tatoo!! You are braver than this 'tracy'!!!!

Stay Safe girl!!

Hugs,

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-12-2003 - 6:40pm
Hi,

These are fun!

1. favorite superhero....didn't have one but I always wanted to be Pippi Longstocking. I thought it would be so cool to live in a house with a horse on the porch and a monkey.

2. worst birthday gift....can't think of one

3. favorite article of clothing.....an old, t-shirt material, Laura Ashley dress (my husband shrunk in the wash)that I now use as a nightgown....it's so soft and comfortable, I don't care if it's ratty looking.

4. favorite toy I never got....LOL I still bug my Mom about this...Rockem' Sockem' Robots

5. I usually wash dishes by hand and I use Dawn

Cheers,

Kim