QOTD for Tuesday

iVillage Member
QOTD for Tuesday
Tue, 09-16-2003 - 7:23am
I truely think I am losing my mind. I was online yesterday morning, had a QOTD lined up, and I thought I posted it. I was in training all day at work, so I wasn't online at all. I got home, sat down to read some responses to my question, and there is no question. I'm too young to have a senior moment...or am I???

Do you exercise? If so, what are you into?

Tracy

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-16-2003 - 7:35am
Do you exercise? If so, what are you into?

I do work out. I vary my activity. In general I hate to run. However, I have been running quite a bit lately. I also like to lift weights a lot. I grew up being very involved with a swim team so we lifted weights all the time. I still love to swim, and used a gym with a pool before I had kids. Now it's just too hard to get it together to swim. Much easier to put on a pair of shoes and head out the door. I run at night, after the kids go to bed. I usually don't make it out until about 9:15. I try to lift twice a week and run twice a week. I run about 3 miles when I do it.

Tracy

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-16-2003 - 9:38am
I could Not live without exercise.

I've always done something - and when I quit smoking last Nov, I found that walking was SO great for relieving the tension and stress. I have a treadmill and walk probably between 2 and 3 miles most days. When it's nice and not too muggy, I walk around the lake out back with hubby and dog. I also lift free weights, (not heavy just 3- 5- 8lbs) and do floor exercises and what I call "kinda" yoga.

Exercise is what helps me keep my sanity.

Good question Tracy.

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-16-2003 - 10:59am
Oh Boy... you just had to go and ask THAT didn't you? LOL I am really, really bad about exercising. In fact... i don't at all... the most I get is going up and down to the basement to do laundry. I did jump (well, bounced) a little on our trampoline during the summer. Then afterwards I just laid down on the thing and got some sun... LOL.

But...... i am going to be having some surgery in October and after I get all healed up, I plan on exercising regularly. I am 42 years old and i feel like i'm 62. I want to get healthy and I figure that is a good opportunity to do it. Plus, i wouldn't mind losing some weight before Christmas. I do have a very nice clothes hanger/treadmill down in the basement that I will use over the winter and then come Spring, I hope to go outside to walk.

So...my answer is no, not right now, but i will be soon... LOL

*** Daisy ***

(Lazy Butt)

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-16-2003 - 11:00am
Tracy... don't worry... I've done the same thing. I don't think we're losing our minds... it's the iVillage gremlins just trying to make us think we are! LOL

Glad to hear you got a laugh out of Tracy's post... anything that makes us laugh is a good thing!

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-16-2003 - 4:51pm
Hi,

EXERCISE????? I need to but I don't. I used to figure skate until my best friend seriously hurt herself, so the chicken that I am....I quit!

At 43, I really do need to exercise.....does clicking the mouse count?

Cheers,

Kim