My Crock is too Quick!....

iVillage Member
My Crock is too Quick!....
Wed, 09-17-2003 - 1:42pm
What is it with my Crock Pot - - I'm cooking on LOW and this is the Second time I've used it and each time my food is done in 4 hours! I had my "COLA CHOPS" cooking and my husband called me in the kitchen to say they were sputtering and "making noises"! (he's not a cook either!- vbg) So, I checked it and they just broke in pieces when I tried to lift them with a tong-y thing. They Are DONE!! This is not necessarily a bad thing - - just that I thought stuff took in general about 6-8 hours and Not 3-4.

Well, what's In there is the "Cola Chops" recipe - - the coke, ketchup, brown sugar, and I had 2 BIG FAT BUTTERFLY chops.....you should SMELL THIS!! I'm just putting it in the fridge for tonight, then I'm making some "noodles" and green beans to go with. The juice stuff that was IN the crock, I've got in a cup to skim off the fat...then, I'm thinking I can just pour the rest over the meat, noodles and beans. YUMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-17-2003 - 2:03pm
Weird!! Do you have a new crockpot? Which kind do you have... is it the type that you sit on a heating element or is it the kind that gets hot on the sides too? I think the kind that you sit a metal pot on a heating element is called a slow cooker vs. the big ceramic crock which is a "crockpot". Who knows whats going on... I guess that you probably shouldn't leave that thing alone for a while. I know that recipe was for the oven but it shouldn't make too much difference. I almost said you might should have added a little water in it, but the condensation that gathers on the lid and falls back down should have been fine.

Maybe you just have one of those super duper efficient crockpots... lol. There is a crock-pot board (not that i want you stop coming here, ya hear?!?) and I'm sure that Debbie would be glad to give you an answer if she has one. Here's the link:

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-fdcrockpot

I do go there pretty often to scoop up some crockpot recipes... i love my crockpot! It's been a while.. maybe i'll join you over there... lol.

Keep up the good work, girl... you are putting me to shame. I haven't cooked in a few days... Bad Daisy! LOL

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-17-2003 - 2:34pm
Thanks for the link to the Crock board - - I posted over there and maybe someone will have a thought.....I just was thinking maybe I don't have enough Food in there...it's a West Bend 5-6 Quart Crockery Slow Cooker.....and NOW (((ooops))) I'm reading the recipe book that comes with it and when they cooked the Beef Roast with Vegetables, they say to cook on LO for 9-10 hours.....THat's what I thought I was cooking BUT my roast was 1.8 pounds and the RECIPE meat is 3 to 3and 1/2 pounds ! ! A-HA!! I BET that is it - - I bet I just have to cook MORE FOOD!!! Next time I'll try fixing food for 8 people instead of 2!(lol)

Will keep you updated, but no more crocking for a few days for me, I'm worn out!(lol)

~~tracy

PS - - - Daisy, No WAY am I leaving This board!! :o)

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-17-2003 - 10:04pm
Can I invite myself to your house for supper? We'll make lemon poppyseed muffins for dessert LOL...

Tracy

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-17-2003 - 11:00pm
"Can I invite myself to your house for supper? We'll make lemon poppyseed muffins for dessert LOL... "

Well of course I've ALWAYS room for TRACY!(lol)

Instead of tracywithtwo it will be withtwotracy(s) !!!! (lol)

Anytime!!

~~tracy

ps - - I wanted to tell you I fixed buttered noodles with parmesan and my hub went WILD!!! that was your idea!! thanks!!

Edited 9/17/2003 11:01:30 PM ET by stracy1

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-18-2003 - 6:51am
Anytime. That is one of my side dish staples. The kids inhale them. I'm gonna have to make those Cola Chops soon. Do you need side dish ideas?

Tracy

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526