Crap, I am manic and I still haven't

iVillage Member
Crap, I am manic and I still haven't
Tue, 01-26-2010 - 11:37pm

found a new pdoc or tdoc. I am angry and yelling and short tempered and sarcastic and just not a patient person. (this is my manic, i don't get happy, aren't I lucky) i blew a LARGE amount of money today, and am frustrated by that too. Why do i have to do these things.

My current pdoc wants me to get a Dr closer to me, since she is so far away. I called 16 pdocs yesterday and couldn't find one closer. It got to the point that my insurance will pay out of network because they can't help me, only problem is that I can't find a local one to see me. This SUCKS and I am so tired of fighting things like this, giving up seems so much easier and whole lot more fun. Sadly I don't have that choice and I really need to stay out of the hospital. Last time I was in a mixed state it took 18 days in the hospital. I can't do that again.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-27-2010 - 10:46am

I am sorry you are in this dilema, but if you do not mind me asking.....where in the world do you live...what area???

What was the reason the pdocs closer would not take you???

I would call the hospital where you were in for 18 days and ask them to refer a pdoc that will take you.

What is the closest one out of all the 16 you called?

I know for me, I have to drive 1hr and about 45 minutes to my pain management doc. I do not like the drive, but I have to do it because I cannot find another one that helps me as much as the one I am currently with. I drive there monthly. Though, I do not think I would drive too much further then that for a doc.

Good luck finding one as close as possible.

~ Tina ~

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-27-2010 - 11:02am

I live in a very very small town in Northern UT. It probably only has 4000 residents, and that is being generous right now. The nearest Dr who wouldn't take me is 35 miles away. I know That I could travel that far. These Dr;s have said they aren't takeing new patients, they don't take the insurance, they only take people who live in the county the dr is in, and so on.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-27-2010 - 11:29am

I figured you had to be living in a rural area where the population was low. Those very small towns are nice to live in as far

~ Tina ~

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-27-2010 - 2:40pm

I found one!!! I found one!! I am sorta excited but heasitant too. My insurance is paying for an out of network provider, but I will have a $50 copay,, seems like a lot but this one is 30 mintues from my house. YEAH!!!

I still need to find a tdoc, but am going to ask the pdoc, if he knows anyone that way I can go into this with open eyes.

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-28-2010 - 12:35pm
I am so glad you found a pdoc. That was a lot of work, but one finally came through. I hope it all works out and you are able to get the treatment you need at a pdocs office that is closer.

~ Tina ~