New here...introducing myself

iVillage Member
New here...introducing myself
Thu, 09-18-2003 - 11:21am
Hi! My name is Kelly and I am 26 years old. DH and I live in a suburb of Cleveland, Ohio. We have been married for a little over 2 years now. ANd we just found out we are expecting baby #1 in May 2004!!! After trying for a year, I just hope everything goes well.

Anyways, I'm not much of a cook. I actually do like to cook, but time is so precious. Both DH and I are lawyers and work very long hours. When the baby comes, however, I plan to be a SAHM at least for a while.

I am interested in learning more recipes as I tend to make the same boring things over and over. Also, we are on a budget so fancy lobster tails and such are not an option (except maybe occasionally!). Also given my current pregnant condition, I'd like recipes that are good for me and the baby. I've heard to stay away from certain fish and undercooked meats. I was always a "rare steak" kind of person so I'm avoiding that now. But, I do not like them well done, so I'll just not eat them at all! LOL!! Oh, and any suggestions on what to cook and freeze for future meals is greatly welcomed too. I do that sometimes too!

Thanks for any tips you have and I hope to get to know everyone better!

Kelly

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-18-2003 - 11:28am
Love to see a new face. Congrats on the baby. How exciting. I froze a bunch of casseroles before #2 got here. Worked great. We'll help you as best we can. There are a ton of good recipes here. If you are looking for anything specific, all you need to do is ask. Let us know. Good to have you aboard.

Tracy

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-18-2003 - 11:44am
Hi Kelly,

My name is Emily, I'm 27 and expecting our 2nd child also in May 2004. I live in Michigan. Welcome to the board, all the ladies here are great and I'm sure you're going to get a ton of great ideas.

Hope you're feeling well.

Hugs,

Emily

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting 

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-18-2003 - 12:28pm
Hi Kelly! I'm down here in Arkansas and I'm figuring I must be the old lady on the board at 45!(lol). I'm just getting into cooking- - late, I know. I'm a stay at home mom too - - to a wonderful doggy my hub and I got from the shelter a few years ago. He's My baby.

This is a great board and we like to try new things and have fun. I have picked up some good tips and recipes and when help is needed, somebody's there to answer questions.

That's great that you are looking out for foods that are good for you and the baby. Can't start out TOO healthy. Good for you!!

Good to see you and best wishes for a healthy happy pregnancy!!

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-18-2003 - 3:14pm
Hi Kelly! Welcome to Quick & Easy! Congratulations on your pregnancy. I remember those days well... have you had any kind of sickness yet? I hated that feeling... and I hope you don't get it.

We definitely have lots of recipes here (you can check them out in the RECIPE COLLECTION section down below). If you need something specific, just ask.... we LOVE to help out. You have come to the right place... our ladies are the best! Looking forward to get to know you better too!

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-18-2003 - 8:17pm
Kelly,

Welcome! I'm fairly new here also, but everyone on this board is incredibly friendly!

Congrats on the baby, don't worry everything will be fine. You thought you put in long hours as a lawyer....LOL....just wait you ain't seen nothin' yet.

This is such an exciting time for you and your husband, take the time to enjoy every minute.

Now to bring you up to speed....

My name is Kim and I'm 43

I live in Northern Illinois

I have 2 children.... 15 yr old boy, 14 yr old girl

1 dog, a boxer, who is the baby of the house

Welcome again Kelly!

Cheers,

Kim