Hey Tracy...back to the muffins

iVillage Member
Hey Tracy...back to the muffins
Thu, 09-18-2003 - 10:52pm
I ran the muffin delimma by a co-worker. She is a wonderful cook, a caterer on the side actually. She is always bringing us homemade baked goods that are to die for. Anyway, she got a copy of the recipe and declared that if she couldn't make them, they couldn't be made. She thought the yogurt might be the tricky part, so she made a batch with, and one without. She said both batches came out the same as ours, a little greasy and concave- no rise at all. She thinks that we are putting too many blueberries in the muffins, making them too heavy. I don't know where to go from here...but I still refuse to give up!!

Tracy

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-18-2003 - 11:23pm
TOO MANY BLUEBERRIES???????

NO WAY!!!!(LOL)

NOT ME!!!!!!

Well, now that MAY be possible, but, I've made other muffins with the same amount of berries and they STILL puffed up.

NEXT TIME, (there WILL BE A NEXT TIME)....I'm going to cut back on the yogurt, and just do one egg,...I think they are too 'wet'....and cook em at 400...I'll see what That does to 'em!!

OH OH OH - - have you ever heard of Lemon Curd? The Sweet Potato Queen makes a blueberry muffin and she says her secret is a smidge of lemon curd pushed into the top of the muffin right before it goes in the oven! I found some in a glass jar in the baking section - - it looks kinda like thick yellow jam....mine is Robertson's Lemon Curd. Will try with that too!

Don't despair (lol) - we WILL get to the bottom of the muffin fiasco!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-19-2003 - 6:56am
I hear you. The muffins WILL be conquered. Like you, I have yet to meet "too many blueberries". I've made blueberry muffins before and they also rose just fine.

The Sweet Potato Queen might be helping us out. I'll get me some of that there curd this weekend LOL.

Tracy

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526