In Need of a Recipe

iVillage Member
In Need of a Recipe
Fri, 09-19-2003 - 2:18pm
Does anyone have any good appetizer recipes? My mom, sisters, & I are having a "food fest" tomorrow night and watching Trading Spaces. Four of us are providing appetizers, one is providing dessert. We are trying to make something new that we haven't had previously. I don't want to bring a dip (everyone makes dips). The only restriction is that my mom can't eat anything to spicy anymore (so no jalapenos, etc.) Does anyone have any EASY appetizer recipes that are fairly inexpensive to make? Thanks in advance!

Leigh Anne Muller (normally a parent soup message boards person, but those recipe boards are SLOW--nothing since August!)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-19-2003 - 2:45pm
Hi there Leigh Anne, welcome to quick and easy! I'll post some appetizers for you down in the Recipe Collection section below. Also, not that i don't want you to be part of our board, but iVillage does have an Appetizer, Beverage and Condiment board (ABC). Here's the link:

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-fdappbevcond

I hope that you'll stick around and come back often so we can get to know you better... anybody who loves Trading Spaces that much is alright in my book!

Is there a marathon or something? Just wondering if I'm missing out... lol

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-19-2003 - 2:50pm
No, no marathon. My SIL is coming from Minneapolis and we had originally had other plans but, due to unforseen circumstances we had to change our weekend away to a weekend at home. Anyway, one of my sisters doesn't have cable and really wants to watch TS. I wanted to rent a movie, but got outvoted (which is fine, I like TS anyway). That is the deal. It is a night away from children and husbands!

Leigh Anne

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-19-2003 - 2:59pm
I'm down with that girl.... sounds great! I've got a week-end planned with my best friend next week-end and i cannot wait!

Okay.. going to add more recipes for you!

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-19-2003 - 3:20pm
Hi Leigh - - Daisy is right - - any watcher of Trading Spaces is More than welcome here!(lol)...Love that show (exCept for a one that shall remain nameless..VBG) they do some great stuff!!

Leigh, I posted a couple down in the recipe section for ya....I'm Just now getting into cooking and have Not tried these myself, but they sounded Easy enough that I just MIght try these myself. The parmesan/spinach ball one sounds very interesting. There are few things that Aren't Good with Parmesan!(lol)

Good to see you, and hope you all have a great Trading Spaces Visit!!

Enjoy,

~~tracy