The Shepard's Pie was delicious!

iVillage Member
The Shepard's Pie was delicious!
Fri, 09-19-2003 - 3:04pm
Thanks for the recipe! I made it last night...it was a lot easier than I thought. I did not use mashed potatoes though - I used the Hungry Jack box of cheesey potatoes and I laid the potatoes over the top of the beef and poured the cheese sauce on top! It was so good! I think I like it better than with the mased potatoes - not as heavy on the gut! LOL!! They did get a little "crispy" but I kind of liked it that way! I'm liking the "burnt" taste these days! LOL!! What will my pregnancy make me want next?!

My youngest son, Tibby (he's a 9 week old orange kitten! LOL!) loved it as well! So did my pupkid, Cleo - she is 8 months old! LOL! The other boys (2 orange kitties, 2 years and 1 1/2 years old) did not care too much for the dish. Neither did DH, but what do they know?! LOL!!

Thanks again

Kelly

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-19-2003 - 3:11pm
Oh Kelly.. I'm so glad that you came back to report on the dish. I'm even more excited that you enjoyed it! I can just see you now.... Chef Kelly! I love it when non-cookers try and then get hooked like me on cooking! One shining example is our Tracy (stracy)!

Thanks for the review and I think I should be making this soon too!

*** Daisy ***

PS: Your furbabies sound so cute!

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-19-2003 - 3:29pm
""did not care too much for the dish. Neither did DH, but what do they know?! LOL!! ""

NO KIDDING!! Since WHen does a guy not like cheese-y tators??(lol)

That sounds really good Kelly - - better than the traditional mashed tators.

I will have to do that one soon too!

Boy, I NEVER cooked before, and I've been finding ALL KINDS of stuff I want to cook here lately....

I'm going to have to do a Lot more exercising if I'm going to be eating such yummy stuff!(lol)

Good to see you back!

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-19-2003 - 4:20pm
I gotta agree here. How can you go wrong with meat, potatoes, and cheese??? Unheard of to me LOL.

Tracy

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526