Made the 'Decadent dessert' from below..

iVillage Member
Made the 'Decadent dessert' from below..
Sat, 09-20-2003 - 6:58pm
Haven't dove in yet, but it smells incredible. I did the sub thing (raspberry jam for peanut butter- allergy kid) and I think it'll be just fine. I used 5 oz. of seedless raspberry jam. Will definately let you know the taste results.

Tracy

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Well, if it Smells good, it MUst be good!!

Do let me know with the sub, mine was incredible but WAY too fattening...I had to freeze part of mine or we'd eat the thing in 2 days!(lol)

5 ounces of seedless raspberry jam - - I'm going to write that down and try it that way next time.

Tracy - - was it hard for you stirring that cake mix and egg and butter? Mine was like a work out and finally had to use my hands to mix it and press it into the pan.

ENJOY your dessert!!!!!!!!

~~tracy

iVillage Member
WOW, was it good :-) I used a seedless raspberry 'fruit spread' so I don't know to call it jam or jelly. The jar was 10 oz. and I used half the jar. It gave just the perfect amount of raspberry flavor. Tracy's right about being too fattening though, I can feel my thighs expanding with each bite LOL.

When I mixed the cake mix part, it was stiff. I used a fork until it was just moistened and sticking together. I then used my fingers to mold and press it into the baking dish. Worked fine.

It's a great recipe. Of course using 2 sticks of butter and a whole box of powdered sugar, how can you go wrong ;-)

Tracy

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526