What's for supper?...

iVillage Member
What's for supper?...
Sat, 09-20-2003 - 7:05pm
We are having an awesome meal tonight: salad with tons of chopped red and green blee pepper (my favorite), T-Bone steaks marinated in Adolph's Meat Marinade, fresh green beans boiled with red potatoes, spinach, and homemade (deli) multi-grain bread. Yum Yum!! Then there's the Decadent Dessert for later- see other post. I LOVE to cook.

Tracy

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-20-2003 - 8:09pm
Tracy - your dinner sounds wonderful! I love fresh green beans....I tried them myself a couple times and I'm telling you, I'm WAY too anal to buy fresh green beans...I must have stood there for 20 minutes and didn't even get a pound worth looking for "perfect" beans!(lol) BUT, now that I'm actually cooking stuff, I might try again.. . . and just grab like other people!(lol)

I was busy in the yard, but, I came in and just threw 4 chicken breasts in my crock pot with 5 red potatoes (YES, Tracy, potatoes), and 1/2 onion and some chicken broth and salt,pepper, thyme and garlic powder and in 3 hours it was smelling so good my dog was going crazy trying to get me to go in the kitchen. THen, since I had bought some of that Bisquick stuff for I think an oven fried chicken recipe that I THInk "Tracy" had posted, I made drop biscuits with cheddar cheese in them. Whole dinner was very home-y and the dog loved his!! OH - - Tracy, I ALSO did the broccoli with garlic and butter!! My husband likes it Much better this way. So thanks for THat idea too!!

Enjoy your weekend folks!!

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-21-2003 - 9:19am
LOL about your bean picking. My 4 year old picked ours- handfuls thrown into the bag I was holding open for her. She also likes to help me snap them. That's a disaster. She can't quite figure out that the ends come off and we don't want to cook them.

I highly recommend the oven fried chicken. It is a recipe I posted. You'll love it. I've never made the cheddar biscuit things. Always wanted to though. Maybe tonight's the night. Glad your DH liked the broccoli. I love it that way- a little crunch to it. Yum.

Tracy

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526