Need to feed a Football Team

iVillage Member
Need to feed a Football Team
Mon, 09-22-2003 - 7:17pm
I need to do a quick and easy team dinner for a 30 member freshman football team. I was thinking of doing hotdogs. Has anyone ever made hotdogs in a crockpot? How many do you think would fit in an average sized crockpot? How would I make them?

Do you have any other quick and easy ideas for a hungry team. I might be stuck doing it again!

Thanks!

LP

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-23-2003 - 1:56pm
What about Sloppy Joes? Just get a few large cans of Manwich and brown up some ground beef (2 lbs for each large can) and mix them together in a crock pot. You can go to the local discount bakery (where they bring back the stuff that don't sell) and pick up a mess of buns. Add some chips and maybe baked beans and there you have it. I like Tracy's spaghetti idea too!

I was also thinking of a taco bar...use the taco shells that are already hard (the curved ones) and have the beef in the crockpot with all the fixins in bowls following the beef (Cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, jalapenos, beans, etc.) anad let them fix their own.

Let us know what you do and how it goes... we love to hear it!

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-22-2003 - 8:44pm
This is screaming spaghetti to me. You can buy frozen meatballs to make it easier. Add some bread, a big salad, and you've got supper.

Tracy

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526