Had to come tell you....

iVillage Member
Had to come tell you....
Mon, 09-22-2003 - 7:40pm
I just made THE best meal I've had in a long time....I found this recipe this morning and decided to try it at 3 this afternoon. It is so simple. I'm posting the recipe below, but, let me tell you, it did not say anything about vegetables in it. I went ahead and cut up in thin slices 5 carrots, a red pepper, a green pepper and a bit of onion. This is called: CRockpot Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken......it's kind of like a sweet and sour Chinese meal - - - it was better tho than any I've had around here - - the sauce is spicy and tangy - - not that sick-o sweet taste. Served it over rice....now, I need help in the making rice category, but that's another story...the chicken/veg/juice part was incredible!!

It took 3 hours in my huge crock pot...I chopped up the chicken about halfway thru, and in the end, , I TRIED to thicken the broth a bit with corn starch, but, My cornstarch is probably so dead, it didn't really work.....but I will get some fresh for the next time I try this....actually, you would not have to thicken it at all, I was just feeling adventurous!(lol) Oh, and if you like water chestnuts, they would be great in this.

~~tracy

PS - - I had to come back in here to say that a Cheesecake would be delicious for dessert after this - - I didn't make one, but it would sure be good!(lol)

Edited 9/22/2003 7:51:18 PM ET by stracy1

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-22-2003 - 8:42pm
I can't name a meal that a cheesecake wouldn't be a good dessert for ;-)

Tracy

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-23-2003 - 1:50pm
LOL.. That is true! I love cheese cake too... but plain.

Tracy, this sounds like my kind of chicken! I'm going to have to try it real soon. I love all chicken recipes!

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526