Do you ever feel this way?

iVillage Member
Do you ever feel this way?
Thu, 01-28-2010 - 10:21pm

Do you ever feel like you have had ENOUGH? I am right there now. I have HAD IT!!!! I don't want to take care of my kids AT ALL, in fact them touching me is driving me crazy. I do however take care of them because it is my job. I don't want to deal with the dog, house, my own school, anything in life. I have so much to do and just don't care to do it.

Thankfully I see the new Dr in 4 days and while I am really nervous I am so GLAD to have that appt. I am not looking forward to going through all the medication history agian but at least it is only 30 minutes away.

Anyway

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-29-2010 - 7:48am

Yes, I have felt this way many times...usually during a mixed state.

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-29-2010 - 8:39am
Yes I have - off and on. I sometimes get a med change then, or resort to Xanax till they pass. I have a child as well so have to force myself to "soldier through" those times. Good luck at your new pdoc's, I hope he brings you some relief!

<
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-29-2010 - 11:34am

Keli,

I see the new dr on Tuesday, so only a few more days. If I want to go to the dr now, I have to go to the one that is so far away and since it isn't payday yet I don't have the gas to get there or back.

I am currently on Lamictal(100mgs in the morning), Risperdal (.5mg 2 times aday), Lithum (600 mgs 2 times a day), Serquel (100 mgs at bedtime). My old Dr was trying to get me off the serquel because I have borderline diabetes, it wasn't working and that is the lowest dose of meds

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 11:03pm

Oh my, I felt the same way yesterday... in fact, i ended up in bed most of the day. I just didn't care about anything! I had no motivation and all i wanted to do was cry and sleep, pray I'd feel better each time woke up....never did though.
Today, I was going into a panic attack for I knew I had to somehow find away to get the energy to get things done... most importantly get to some appointments that could cause me to end up in jail...via probation violation. I was freaking about getting a sitter for my daughter (thankgod my son was in school...have no idea how you manage homeschooling, more props to ya) and about the snow id have to shovel...and dreading even going into the cold. I didnt want to do anything and my mind was at panic so i had to reach out and call someone to get some direction. Her word of advice was to start writing. Im a big journal person and couldnt believe how stupid I was for not trying it out first, for it worked before, but I guess sometimes I need someone else to remind me of good places to start.
I wrote...I screamed and cursed (on paper of course).. but then started jotting down what i had to do, my hesitations, my emotions... and found out, I needed to first work on my positive self talk, for all the negative thinking was for surely stopping me. I reminded myself that giving up was not an option. Next, i focused on the basics... writing a list to do... very simple and to the fact, like breathe and stretch, then jump in the shower, get dressed, eat, etc. Sometimes I feel like i achieve more if i make the goals simple.. sort of like a motivation resource... cuz when you see 10 things checked off out of a 20 thing list...your mind thinks.. H*LL yeah I can do this!
Then I took it a step further by trying to make everything fun by doing those silly, stupid things I dont usually focus on because im in a rush or just think it wont help cuz of my negative thinking....example... I turned my music way way up and sang..well more like screamed out my emotions! I also took extra time to go through my closet and got dressed in the clothes I always said "I would wear one day..just not now"...oh no today was just going to have to be that day. I already felt crappy so i had nothing to lose if people thought anything worse of me...and had to gain more confidence if people really liked it.
Then played with my hair and did my makeup... which all in all really helped me. I still feel a bit stressed and tired, but I pat myself on the back for i made it through another day!

I hope this can help some... even just to give you ideas or to let you know your not alone! I really really hate my lows... and just have to keep praying I can make it through it. Ill pray 4 ya to! xoxo

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-05-2010 - 6:00pm

Deb,

I hope you are feeling better. How did your appt go? Did you see the new pdoc on Tuesday Feb. 2? Did you get your meds adjusted? I hope it was a good appointment. Let us know how it went.

~ Tina ~