Another new one here!

iVillage Member
Another new one here!
Tue, 10-14-2003 - 3:01pm
Hello all!! New to this board, but definitely NOT new to cooking! I'm Carrie, 27yo sahm to Hollyann(6yo) and Tristan(7yo, PDD-NOS, ADHD, bipolar, sensorineural hearing loss), and Navy wife to Michael (we've been married 9yrs, and he's been in the Navy for 8.5yrs). Currently, we are living in Upstate NY, but will be moving to VA next summer sometime.

I absolutely adore cooking....or more definied, baking!! My grandmother owns a small bakery in her house, and I spent many weekends with her helping out. Cooking came to me naturally, which actually amazes my hubby, because my mother can't cook at all! lol Thankfully, I didn't follow her, but stuck to my own instead, and we've been all the better for it! (don't get me wrong, I really do LOVE my mom, but she will even admit she can't cook!! lol)

As a family, at times we tend to get VERY busy (son just started Cub Scouts, plus he has doc appts alllllllllll the time; daughter just started Daisy Girl Scouts and I'm one of the co-leaders; hubby's work schedule sometimes goes wacky;etc...) but we are doing our best at (and succeeding, at least for now!) in making sure that we don't overdo ourselves, which includes not stressing too much about dinnertime!

I look forward to meeting all of you and seeing what all this board holds!!

~Carrie

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-14-2003 - 3:55pm

Carrie , so very nice and sweet of you to come by and tell us all about you and your family.

Sounds like you have quite an active life and I can Certainly see where getting meals on the table needs to be a stress-LESS experience.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-14-2003 - 8:27pm
So looking forward to picking your brain for good recipes.
TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526