Depression setting in big time

iVillage Member
Depression setting in big time
Mon, 02-08-2010 - 10:31am

Well I was hoping it would not happen, but I knew it was on it's way. I am depressed and tearful. I am full of anxiety and I am waking up in the middle of the night and the mornings with panic. I have to talk to myself to calm myself down. Some of this is my fault because while I was at my dd's I forgot to take my meds. I got so caught up in everything there, and did not keep up with taking care of my illness. So, I have started back on my Cymbalta and hopefully that will kick in soon. I am also starting back on my Neurontin that is for my fibromyalgia, which will help me sleep and hopefully help with the anxiety. I do not like the hung over feeling I get from Neurontin though. If it affects my school work, I will have to limit the amount.

I know the other thing that triggered my depression, and that is being back here in this house with a bunch of people I do not like or want to be around. Back in this room with little interaction. Then being snowed in and not being able to see my tdoc today. I cannot see her until the 17th because

~ Tina ~

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-08-2010 - 12:13pm
same here tina...ugh.
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-08-2010 - 4:21pm

On the plus side, look at that sweet little face in your sig!

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-09-2010 - 12:34pm

Hey Keli !!

Sorry you are struggling too. I wish the hard times would go away and things would begin to look brighter for us. I keep telling myself this cannot last too much longer, but I do not see any light at the end of the tunnel as far as finances are concerned. Billy keeps applying for jobs, only to not get any. I do not understand. He has awesome references and has a lot of experience in his field (painting) and still no job. He just applied for Marriott to paint for their hotel in Washington D.C. yesterday. Hopefully he hear some good news for that position.

I hope your mood starts to pick up soon. I praying for both of us.

Love ya,

~ Tina ~

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-09-2010 - 12:42pm

I know what you mean, Amy, about not worrying about too far in the future. It is hard not to worry when things are not changing for the better for so long. I know I will hang in there the best I can...that is what I do, but I do not like it, ya know? I have good days and bad ones. This snow we are getting is not helping. We just got about 25" Friday & Saturday, and now we are expecting another 8-16" today & tomorrow. I hate being trapped. It causes me a great deal of anxiety, so that is not helping with everything else going on. At least the snow is temporary and in time...in the next week, I should be able to get out and do something. Go to the mall or something. Hopefully, in the next week or so my mood will be lifted and I will be thinking more positive. I also hope we get some good news as far as Billy's employment situation is concerned.

Thanks for the support, Amy!! I deeply appreciate it.

Hope you are well.

~ Tina ~

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-09-2010 - 12:58pm

Oh gosh, I understand totally.