TGIF FRIDAY's Dinner will be........

iVillage Member
TGIF FRIDAY's Dinner will be........
Fri, 10-17-2003 - 7:30am

Are you fixing an old reliable, or trying something new?

Are you going OUT for dinner?

Somebody fixing food for YOU?

What cha eating today??

Have a great TGIF!!

~~tracy

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-17-2003 - 7:49am

I honestly have not made up my mind yet.....I'm thinking I'd really like to try those Caesar Pork Chops, and I'm also kind of in the mood for chili.....The post for the Pumpkin Chili

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-17-2003 - 7:50am
We usually go out on Fridays...to Ground Round or a sports bar near us or something like that. But, I think we're staying in tonight so maybe we'll order Chinese! I'm sick of pizza!

Kelly

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-17-2003 - 7:58am

We usually go out on Fridays...to Ground Round or a sports bar near us or something like that.

That brings back memories..when I lived in Stlouis we had a Ground Round there!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-17-2003 - 8:04am
OMG! NO KRISPY KREME! I would die! LOL!!

No foods are really bothering me right now. Things just taste different so I'm not liking the same things, like spicy stuff - I always LOVED spicy food - but now I don't like the taste. Probably better that way b/c of the heart burn and indigestion! LOL!! I get that reeeeaaal bad! No matter what I eat.

Also, whenever a food is mentioned, I want it! Then I can't stop thinking about it until I have it. I cannot wait to make potato chip cookies - I've been dying for them ever since I posted the recipe! LOL!! And the sweet & cruchy cole slaw - want that now too! And those enchiladas sound sooooo good, but I know I won't like it if it's too spicy.

Other than that, I've been okay. Thanks for asking.

I'm thinking we'll order Chinese tonight - we finally have places that deliver around here! And they are good too! My favorite thing is the fried crab wontons - they are soooo good and so fattening! LOL!!

Kelly

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-17-2003 - 8:07am
Glad you enjoyed the cole slaw! I first had it at DH's firm picnic in August. I kept asking him to find out who made it and get the recipe. Finally yesterday I told him he HAD to get it so he sent a mass e-mail to everyone in the firm saying that his pregnant wife wanted that recipe and she would make his life miserable if he didn't get it! LOL!!!

I think I will make it tomorrow.

Kelly

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-17-2003 - 8:11am

Also, whenever a food is mentioned, I want it! Then I can't stop thinking about it until I have it.

ROFLMAO!!!

That is the answer!! I must be pregnant!(lol)

Hey, when you make the Chip cookies, in a little bowl in that Favorite Microwave of yours, melt a couple little squares of chocolate (I used a couple of those little Promise Dark Chocolate candies), then, Dip the edges in the melted chocolate and stick them in the Fridge for a couple minutes!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-17-2003 - 8:15am
I wanted to try that! Have to wait til I get my new oven...won't even buy it until next Saturday!

I did buy the Chocolate Factory from tv...LOL! I thought it looked like fun! Maybe that will work too!

Kelly

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-17-2003 - 8:17am

Well, THank you AND your hubby for going to such trouble to get this!!

I really did like it AND my hubby liked it which is Very unusual.

When you try it, Don't add all the dressing at once, cause it is a LOt for that much cabbage.....put some on, and then fridge it up and see in a bit how it is...add more Then, otherwise it gets too drippy...unless you like drippy, then drip away!(lol)

Oh, and be careful breaking those noodles up - - I had noodles flying Everywhere!(lol)...maybe put them in a bag and pound them between towels.

Again, thanks Kelly....I appreciate your sharing this recipe!

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-17-2003 - 9:00am
OMG...this is going to be my last absolutel FINAL attempt at making dinner for my family this week! If it fails, hubby is cooking from now on! ROFL

I was just getting ready to chop veggies last night to make the chicken-n-dumplings, when hubby comes home and asks if we are ready to go. I had totally forgotten that we talked about going out to a hobby shop right after work! So, veggies went back into the fridge, and we all piled in the car. After the shop, we ate at McD's (not a big fan of that place, but I insisted that we get a salad to share as a *veggie* with our burgers! lol).

So, tonight should be chicken-n-dumplings. No, strike that. It WILL be dinner tonight....I'm making it before anyone even gets home!! Plus, we have a Halloween party and possibly a football game to attend tonight, so it will just be better to have it all made before anyone can even change my mind! LOL

~Carrie

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-17-2003 - 9:58am

That is FUNNY!

Pages