I'm getting my new fridge and stove!

iVillage Member
I'm getting my new fridge and stove!
Wed, 10-22-2003 - 9:34am
They are coming tomorrow! I'm so excited. I went with the Kenmore Elite stove...huge convection oven plus a warming drawer. It has the glass top with a bridge burner and a warming burner.

The fridge is also Kenmore...it's got double doors on top and the freezer is a drawer on the bottom.

Tonight I have to clean my laudry room to find a place for my old fridge.

And I will be getting one of those microwaves for above the stove that has the fan as well. But we didn't buy it yesterday b/c we had to measure...it has to be 16 inches from the bottom of the microwave to the top of the stove and because of our little useless cabinet above the stove, it will only allow for 14 inches. So, we decided we will take that cabinet down and create a raised decorative shelf so the microwave will have the 16 inches.

I'm so excited!

Kelly

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-22-2003 - 10:17am

YAYYYYYY - - KElly that all sounds wonderful!!

Word of advice:

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-22-2003 - 10:34am
I plan to make it a couple of inches higher. I actually prefer the microwave over the stove not taking up counter space. My parents have had that for years and it was never a problem and theirs isn't even regulation height...it's only about 14 inches (shhh - don't tell anyone!). Our apartment had it as well and I never had a problem with it. Never got burned or anything and the fan actually worked better than the hood fans...which ours does not even work now I discovered last night (never turned it on before!). The only thing I did worry about was the ONE time DH wanted to flambe something and the fire hit the microwave even though it was regulation height, but it didn't do anything. It just scared me in case it would have caused a fire. But, he only tried it once and won't do it again b/c whatever it was he made was awful! LOL!!

Maybe some people just have trouble cooking?! LOL! Just kidding!

Kelly

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-22-2003 - 10:58am

Good....I just wanted to know that YOU knew how it would be.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-22-2003 - 3:35pm
DH tries to experiment and it usually goes horribly awry! But his dialing skills for pizza and/or Chinese are maginficent! LOL!

The microwave is the new "wave" something or other kind...it doesn't turn in a circle, it goes back and forth. I didn't quit get the difference, but it looks cool! LOL! They say it's supposed to cook better. WHo knows? I was happy that it had an "auto reheat" button on it! My parents have one on theirs and I missed it when I moved out. They are hard to find and usually only come on the expensive microwaves. It reheats food without you having to guess a time...it goes by the heat the food starts to give off and then it knows when it is done. That way it makes it easier to not dry out meat or burn something. It does not work on popcorn though...I tried and it burned it to a crisp!

Kelly