Are You A Dining Survivor?.......

iVillage Member
Are You A Dining Survivor?.......
Fri, 10-24-2003 - 10:11am

WHAT dining fiasco have you survived?

Did you

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-24-2003 - 10:22am
Well, being newer at cooking, I haven't had much happen to me. I don't have dinner parties so I don't have any stories about a huge chaotic mess with a dozen people to feed.

But, I am infamous for burning DH's frozen pizzas! He suffers and eats them anyway without complaining - isn't he wonderful!? But, I'm thinking that will not happen anymore b/c the reason I burned them was b/c my kitchen timer broke and I kept forgetting to buy a new one and the one on my old stove (just like everything else on that stove) didn't work. Now I have one on my new oven which should work! So hopefully no more burning...though I may burn things the first few times trying to figure out how this oven actually works! LOL!

Oh, as far as dinner fiasco's go, it's not really a fiasco, but funny - every holiday my mom forgets to put the rolls out. Never fails! LOL! She either forgets to cook them, or she puts them in last and forgets they are in there and they burn and smell up the kitchen! LOL! Almost every holiday, except Easter, I swear! It is now our family tradition and joke! LOL!

Kelly

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-24-2003 - 10:27am

Long ago, in a house far, far away...I hosted the Easter Dinner from hell.

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-24-2003 - 10:47am
OMG! That is quite a fiasco! How awful! I hope the termites didn't cause too much damage to the house.

Kelly

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-24-2003 - 11:12am

That is hilarious about your Mom and the rolls!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-24-2003 - 11:14am
During our first year of marriage, right after he joined the Navy and we moved to Florida, I decided to surprise hubby with a romantic, candlelight dinner. I think I was trying to make salisbury steaks.

No clue WHAT I did wrong, but they tasted so horrible - as if they were burnt, but they weren't!? I don't know! I just know that I started out in tears but ended up laughing with him and at myself......then he surprised me by walking down the road to Pizza Hut! ROFL

Was very romantic!! ;)

~Carrie

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-24-2003 - 11:22am

That is funny!!...I bet you had put so much into creating Just the right setting and mood, and then WHAT!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-24-2003 - 1:06pm
......So, how are your salisbury steaks nowdays?......

You know, I can't stand those things! I didn't even like them back then, but I knew he did, so I figured I would make it for him. Nuh-uh...not anymore!! LOL

~Carrie