Any Halloween plans?...

iVillage Member
Any Halloween plans?...
Tue, 10-28-2003 - 5:32am
Anyone have any big Halloween plans?
TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-28-2003 - 5:38am

My kids are going trick-or-treating and my dad is coming over to pass out candy at our house.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-28-2003 - 6:30am
Tristan(7yo) has been invited to a Halloween party at a neighbor's house where they will also be going T-or-T'ing, so I will just take Hollyann(6yo) to the mall to get her T-or-T'ing done, and then possibly take her around the neighborhood if it isn't too cold this year. Not sure if we will be passing out candy or not -- depends on how much I am able to find Friday morning! lol

Tristan is dressing up as the Cat in the Hat, and Hollyann is a lion (full plush suit - very warm and very cute!). They had a dress-rehearsal at school this past weekend with the Halloween Fun Fair -- Halloween was in the name of the fair, so they *had* to dress up! lol They had a blast, and love the costumes!

~Carrie

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-28-2003 - 7:56am

No dressing up for us....There is usually a party but we won't be going as Halloween is not fun for our pup....the doorbell and noises get him going...We Do give out candy but always try to be there so they won't ring the bell(lol)....I haven't gotten my candy this year yet....but in light of your talk Tracy about your son's allergy to peanuts, I've kind of done some re-thinking on what to give out....We usually get about 50 kids.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-28-2003 - 9:20am
I'll just be passing out candy. Nothing exciting.

Kelly

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-28-2003 - 9:39am

Kelly - how do all your animals react to the spooky kids and ringing doorbells?

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-28-2003 - 2:03pm
Our older son (Mitchell 5 yo) has a party at his pre-school in the afternoon so we'll go to that and he'll be Spiderman. Our younger son (Kevin 4 months) also goes there in their daycare and he'll be a Pea in the Pod.

That night DH will take Mitchell trick or treating around our street and he'll dress as a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle - I thought only girls couldn't make up their minds, lol!! I'll stay home with the baby and give out to the trick or treaters. This year we're giving out snack size packages of Oreo cookies. We usually give out cookies or juice boxes, not candy at our house.

That's about it, nothing too exciting.

Amy

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-28-2003 - 6:47pm
I'm not sure yet. Up until December of 2002 we lived in an apartment where we didn't get any trick or treaters. We got our dog in March a few months after we moved into our house. So this will really be their first Halloween!

I will actually be passing out candy at my parents house so I will take Cleo (dog) with me. My parents have 2 dogs and she likes to play with them. So, DH will have to stay home and pass out candy with the cats. I can see 2 out of the 3 of our cats trying to run out...not run out but they will be very interested in what is going on. Our 2 older cats are deathly afraid of the outside. The baby is quite interested in it though. So we'll have to see. The middle one will probably hide in my closet - that's his favorite place. The other two are very social and nosey.

Kelly

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-29-2003 - 6:05am
I love those Pea in a Pod outfits.