Wednesday already!

Will you be trying something new?

Heating up leftovers?

Going out or getting take-out?

What's for dinner?

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-29-2003 - 7:22am

Okay... for my first home cooked meal since my surgery 2 weeks ago, I think I am going to try this CREAMY CHICKEN ENCHILADA recipe that I found posted.

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-29-2003 - 7:22am

I have some chicken breasts thawed So it will be chicken Something. (g)

I'm thinking about a chicken dumpling recipe I saw down below.....still don't know yet. I Do know that dessert will be that Pumpkin Crunch thing...that is DeLISH!!

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-29-2003 - 7:25am

Oh Daisy, you may have just changed my mind!(lol)...those enchilada's DO sound good.

Gosh, I hope you get rid of that nausea soon...that must be awful.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-29-2003 - 7:51am
I want Mexican so badly! DH worked til 9 last night so I stopped at Taco Bell (I know - gourmet cuisine, but it tasted sooo good!). Anyways, it made me sick. But I crave it! I just don't know what to do! I love spicy, and this wasn't even that spicy, but it's making me sick now. Hopefully this aversion will ware off soon! I was up half the night - I'm exhausted today.

I was going to try to make gorditas with one of those box kits I found yesterday (which is what made me stop at TB by the way - lol!), but 1. I forgot to take the chicken out this morning and 2. it will probably just make me sick. So, I'm not sure. I have my sweet potato casserole for lunch, but I may have it again for dinner.

Oh! I made those pillsbury cinnamon rolls last night for DH. They are caramel ones though (I really only always like the regular icing ones). These were very yummy and I'm not even a big fan of caramel. I highly recommend them! You put the caramel on the bottom of the pan and the muffins over it, then bake it and flip it over and the caramel hardens on top. I thought that was kinda cool!

Kelly

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-29-2003 - 8:07am

Taco Bell makes lots of people sick!(lol)...just kidding...

I'm sorry - that must be really irritating to Want it, then get sick from it.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-29-2003 - 8:14am
Yes, the microwave defrosts as well. I don't usually like to defrost in the microwave. I always found the meat to have a little funky flavor to it after that. But it is an option.

It's not just TB, it's all mexican and even szechaun which I also absolutely love! I think it's the spices, but what I had last night was not spicy at all...not sure what it is.

Kelly

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-29-2003 - 8:24am
Monday didn't work to make the Tuna Cakes, didn't have all the ingredients or enough time to run and get them. So, they will be dinner tonight! Goes really well with a good hearty side salad.

~Carrie

(will post recipe/site below)

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-29-2003 - 10:00am

I LOVE Taco Bell.

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-29-2003 - 10:43am
Tonight I was going to try a new recipe. Don't get too excited - its pretty basic but also pretty quick and I'm sure it will be decent. Its Campbell's cheesburger pasta - its fron their Tasty Tuesday collection. It was in last week's circular with the coupons and it sounds so easy I just have to try it. I'll let you know how it is. Has anyone checked out their website, tastytuesday dot com?? If I have a chance this afternoon I might take a peek to get some ideas for next week.

Amy

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-29-2003 - 11:01am
Hi Amy... I seen that recipe advertised on a television commercial... is it with the cheddar cheese soup and tomato soup with noodles and ground beef?

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

Pages