Thu, 10-30-2003 - 4:29am

SOmething LOW-CAL for me!!

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-30-2003 - 6:16am
I have to work OT again tonight.
TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-30-2003 - 7:42am
Right now I'm not much in the mood for anything. Now everything is making me sick after I eat. Maybe just some soup and crackers. I made DH tuna salad yesterday so he can have a sandwhich - that's his favorite thing anyway.

Kelly

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-30-2003 - 9:31am
Nothing very exciting here - hot dogs, baked beans and tater tots. I was going to make something in the crock pot but decided that it would make more sense to do that tomorrow night with Trick or Treating and everything. The only other thing I could think of quick this morning that was easy was the hot dogs. Everyone will survive.

Amy

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-30-2003 - 9:47am

What are you talking about?(lol)...hot dogs and baked beans and tator tots are THE BEST!!(lol)

I love hot-dogs and really don't even think about getting them for some reason or other....I'm going to get some hot dogs SOON!!

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-30-2003 - 10:31am
Baked beans are very exciting! LOL! I love Bush's baked beans and I add a little molasses to them - SOOOO GOOD!

Kelly

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-30-2003 - 11:57am
Hello Ladies,

As I sit here and write my grocery list for the week, I am sitting reading your posts. I am new this board,but usually post in boys and woman to woman. Dinners are a challenge. I go to school p/t (during day) and will soon work f/t at night. My hours will be 4pm to mid-night. I usually cook everynight. I make menu's for the week. It saves me more $ if I do it that way. My dh and kids aren't picking, but can only get away w/ easy meals every now and then. Everyone here is always active, so they are hungry for hearty foods. Am Mexican so dh loves my cooking, he is White and I love the way his mom cooks. you know, meatloaf, potatoes, roast, etc... I am so sick of mexican food. If I do try roast and the such my boys and dh just look at me what's this? lol. I crave that kind of food. So far, this week am incorp. what I want to eat such as, tortilini soup, a pita bread stuffed w/ roast beef deli meat, and lettuce,tomatoes, bell peppers and red onion w/ a cheese dip on the side for dipping. I am also trying out chkn pot pie. I love this kind of stuff. If you ladies need any easy recipes let me know will try to give ya some. I am going to eat lunch. Never go grocery store hungry right lol.

:)Taximommy

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-30-2003 - 12:27pm

Hi Taximommy and Welcome to Quick and Easy!!

Let me guess - - does taxi-mommy have anything to do with driving kids around??(lol)

It sounds like you do a pretty good job with menu planning and shopping . . . and SO right about not shopping while hungry!...that has done me in too many times.

Taximommy - - I would LOVE it if you would share a favorite recipe of yours. . . . there are a lot of us here who LOVE Mexican food...Psssss...we also love those comfort foods like chicken pot pie and meatloaf too!(lol)....

When you start working the 4pm to midnight, will you still prepare a dinner?

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-30-2003 - 12:43pm
Tracy,

Hey how's it going? I just am wrapping up my lunch. Yes, the name is for the kids. We all feel like this at times, don't we? Thankyou for your comment about the shopping and menu planning, I try. Am not always good at it, but try to be. As far as cooking when working, nope Dh takes over. He was actually pretty good at cooking, that is before he met me. His mom says he now is spoiled. We Dh and I were just talking about this yesterday. He wants me to still be able to get good foods, but things he can cook w/ the boys like beer and brats and the such. My youngest (he's 9) loves to cook and oldest (he's 11) is learning. Dh wants to try new things w/ them so when I work, all three will help out w/ dinner. What I am worried about is what they are going to eat. Some weird stuff am sure. lol.

Sure will be happy to share a recipe. Hope your day is going great.

:)Taximommy

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-31-2003 - 6:16am
In reading your taste in foods, sounds like you'll fit right in.
TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

Pages