iVillage Member
Trying to figure a way to handle it...
Sat, 02-20-2010 - 4:41pm

Hi there,

This is the first time to this board.

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-21-2010 - 8:29am

So you aren't taking any medication at all? Does your husband's insurance cover meds? I'm taking Depakote, and only pay $10. It's also generic, but it's $80 a month. I almost canceled my doctor's appointment, but I am glad I didn't. She turned out pretty ok. If you don't like your doctor, remember you can ask for someone else. I wish I had done that the first go around

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-21-2010 - 12:55pm

Theresa,

With Tricare (military), I shouldn't have any problem getting medication, however, it's the first initial appt. to make that's hard.

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-21-2010 - 5:07pm

Tammy,

I am not in a great spot so bear with me here. I understand how it feels to have your husband gone, mine is a truck driver and gone for weeks on end. It is really hard especially when I am in the mood I am currently in. My kids are older than yours, but I have been able to explain some of what I am dealing with to them and they get it, we have a safety word that if I say it they are to go to their rooms immediately. IT has worked.

I know making and going to that first appt is so hard, but so imporatnt. I am going ot a new pdoc on Tuesday and I am really nervous about it. Make the appt and then go, the worst that can happen is you don't like the person, but at least it is done and you can get the meds you want.

Good luck and hang in there.

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-21-2010 - 8:52pm

Tammy,

Welcome to the board!!

I am sorry that you are having such a rough time with your bipolar symptoms and having your husband deployed does not help. Sorry it took me so long to respond. I have been sick the past couple days.

My daughter is married to a man in the navy. They are in Virginia Beach now. Her and her husband just had a baby boy. She can relate to having no friends or family close by. She gets pretty lonely as well. I do not have any in-real-life friends, so I can relate to the no friends also. It helps to come to the board to get support and kind words.

I know when my daughter's father died, she was able to go to Navy relief to get help with counseling for a crisis session. Also, I am attaching a link to help with some information to assist you with getting counseling with Tricare at the end of this post. I know the navy can be a pain to get any help from, but I believe/hope they can offer more then 8 session, especially if you are diagnosed with an illness that needs continued treatment. Just don't give up! Navy relief should be able to help direct you to how to get the help you need

~ Tina ~