Anyone know where to get a noodle maker

iVillage Member
Anyone know where to get a noodle maker
Thu, 10-30-2003 - 6:14pm
My mom has this little gadget thing...it's hard to explain but I'll try. The bottom is flat and metal and looks kind of like a strainer but the holes are bigger. Then it has this plastic box type thing on top that you put the dough in and slide it across the strainer part to make noodles/dumplings. It is a nifty little gadget for making uniform sized dumplings. They tend to cook better when they are the same size I think.

Anyways, she got it as a gift and has been looking all over for one to buy for me and my SILs. She can't find it anywhere, doesn't remember who gave it to her and we are trying to figure out where to get one. She's tried William Sonoma, Pampered Chef, Wal Mart, Target, department stores, etc.

Anyone have any idea where we might find this?

Kelly

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-30-2003 - 6:26pm

Have you checked Amazon.com in their Kitchen section....I looked there and they have a variety of pasta makers...not sure about dumplings, but there's a Ronco Pasta Maker that makes noodles, spaghetti etc....

I'd have thought tho that Williams and Sonoma would have one....they have most stuff.....

I'll let you know if I find one.....

You sure got a great Mom there!!

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-30-2003 - 6:52pm
I just checked there. They don't have it. It's not really a pasta maker. It's only for those little round dumpling type noodles and you use it over the boiling water so the dough drops in.

Thanks for the tip though. Let me know if you happen to come across something somewhere.

Thanks

Kelly

PS - Mom is great! She loves to buy stuff and she can't buy anymore for herself! LOL!!