What do you do when you know where you

iVillage Member
What do you do when you know where you
Sun, 02-21-2010 - 5:09pm

need to be, but can't be? My mania is getting worse and I am in a really bad spot.I told DH that I knew where I needed to be but can't be because there is NO ONE to watch the kids. So what do you do when you know you need someting but can;t? How do you cope and deal with that?

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-21-2010 - 8:18pm

Hi Debbie,

I am so sorry that you are going through this. I feel your pain. I felt the same way you did before I went i/p but I got relatives from out of town and neighbors stay over night with the kids. It was very hard to do but DH managed. I was in for 12 days, over the weekend twice, and DH works every other weekend, so that made it even more challenging. I know that you feel like you have no one but is there a neighbor or a babysitter that can help you out? Can DH take time off so you can get some help? I hate that you are suffering like this. Can you call pdoc and increase your meds? Or just give you something extra to take the edge off? Please keep posting and letting us know how you are doing.

Peg

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-21-2010 - 9:09pm

Deb,

I hate to see you struggling so much. Can you at least go to the ER so they can give you some meds to get you more stable until you can see your pdoc? Call your new pdocs office in the morning and let them know you need to be seen NOW. Let them know how bad things are. I am afraid if things are let go too long, something bad will happen and I know you do not want that. Your friends here do not want anything bad to happen to you either. Can your dh take off work for a few days while you go i/p to get stable? Does he realize how serious this is? Does he understand your illness?

~ Tina ~

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-21-2010 - 9:34pm

The problem with DH's job is that if he takes time off we get no paycheck and then we can't pay our bills. So he isn't able to take anytime off at all. IT SUCKS all around, because he knows and I know what has to happen but we are literally stuck. I have thought about asking a neighbor or friend, but we are talking that I would be in for no less than 7 days, they keep you a week at the hospitals here, so even though DH might be home for a weekend, that is a long time for a friend to watch the kids, my kids are also homeschooled so the friend wouldn't get a break either. Not to mention the ONE friend I would totally trust my kids to works so we would have childcare issues again.

Sadly my MIL lives not 20 mintues away and is unwilling to help, she blames her age and that the stress is too much for her, I don't know because she keeps telling me she moved here to help, but is unwilling to help. I talked to her tonight and told her how bad it was and she told me she is going on a day trip tomorrow and I could call her Tuesday if I needed it.

I am going to call my new pdoc's office tomorrow but if i remember correctly he doesn't come back until Tuesday anyway. My insurance has a 24 hour mental health line, but i know they will mention the hospital and that takes us back to childcare yet again. This is a really vicious cycle and there is NO way outl.