iVillage Member
New Here--Suspect I May be Bipolar
Sat, 02-27-2010 - 7:04pm

Hello!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 2:05am

{{{{{{{{{{Becca}}}}}}}}}

No one here is an M.D., but what you describe sounds exactly like classic bipolar.

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-04-2010 - 10:29am

Welcome to our board Becca,

I am sorry it took me a little while to post. I have been down the past couple weeks. But I think you need to find a psych doc to help diagnose what you have so it can be treated properly. I do not agree with what you read about anti-depressants being equal to a placebo. I feel this is not true because so many people feel better when taking an anti-depressant and some people who are suicidal are not suicidal anymore when taking an anti-depressant. I also know for me when I have stopped my meds, I am NOT better, but a whole lot worse. I have been back on my meds for 3 weeks now and I am still having bad days, but I can feel they are getting a little better everyday. I also have a lot of situational stresses going on that meds will not take away, but the meds will help me cope a little better then without meds at all.

Dealing with children when we are feeling exhausted and irritated is no easy task. Kids can drain us on a good day, so on a bad day, I am sure it is not easy for you. When you are feeling bad can you get a babysitter for a few hours to give you a break?

I hope you are feeling better. Please keep posting as often as you like. I would like to get to know you better. Again, sorry I did not post sooner.

~ Tina ~

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-05-2010 - 7:05pm

Hi - man it's like I am reading my story - totaly - wow.

Photobucket  
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-11-2010 - 10:18pm

Opinion: Yes. It does sound like bipolar disorder. Almost sounds just like me, quite frankly. That is scary. I have never

- Mary -

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-15-2011 - 10:19am

I not sure where to go to get help?

I don't have a lot of money ,Also I can not budget money .

This has always been a secert or a wishper in my family ,but noone ever was willing to talk about it .I have always dealt with depression .but i just thaught it was normal to have depression .But it just seems to be getting worse .My doctor put me on meds but they cost so much money and they just didn't seem to be helping .So I just stopped taking them .But now I am having a hard time just making it day to day .I can't funtion! Having a hard time with work can't keep up with day to day stuff .Forget to pay bills my car was just repoed and I thought i paid the bill.I go through spells of all I wanta do is sleep .Then spells where I can't sleep .Will get like 2 hours and go to work like nothing .I tried to talk to my husband to tell him how I am feeling and he just doesn't understand .He says why you sad ?I just need some where to go or someone to talk too.I don't have a lot of money .Looking for a free clinic or doctor that will give his time .I am scared that something will happen and I won't beable to know why.

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-15-2011 - 1:02pm

I could have written the exact same post 9 years ago. It as as if I was seeing myself in your post. You see I had severe Post Partum Depression with Phycosis too. It was the worst years of my life. I had always been emotional and wierd with my moods since I was a teenager.I was diagnosed in 2003 and have been stable at times and other times not.

Like you I have intense mood swings, where I can be normal and ok then I switch to anger and frustration, In groups situations I could punch someone who said something I didn't like. I am an ANGRY manic and it isn't pleasant at all. I know where my line in teh sand is and if I cross it I get help immediately. It helps me to have that boundary in place.

But when I am depressed it is pure hell to get out of bed and do things, I don't care and I just don't want to do anything. I don't want to teach my children (we homeschool), do my homework, housework suffers everything. Sadly I don't recgonize the depression until it is way to late.

For me the goal has been trying to find a med combo that works for me and for realizing that I have to take care of myself in order to control my own bipolar disorder.

You sound to me like you have bipolar, and just like you for me antidepressants tend to set me into a manic episode almost immediatelly.

If you ever want to talk my email address is desrosier5in2001@aol.com.

Good luck

Debbie