QOTD for Wednesday

iVillage Member
QOTD for Wednesday
Wed, 11-12-2003 - 7:12am
Which other areas of ivillage do you frequent?
TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-12-2003 - 7:17am
I found ivillage through the support Boards on child rearing (actually my father found them and recommended them to me).
TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-12-2003 - 8:26am
I just love IVillage and all the boards! I'm usually on the May expecting board (though I'm not a big poster there b/c being my first pregnancy I don't have many answers for people). I also post on the Cats board and the Puppies board. And, of course, now here!

It's nice to have so many different boards for advice when you need it! And some places are just so comfortable, I like to stay and post. LIke here - I didn't plan to become a "regular" it just happened b/c y'all are so nice!

Kelly

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-12-2003 - 9:23am
I too started with iVillage on the parenting message boards. At the time I started DS was just about a year old and I had those feelings (like any of you with kids can relate to) that my DS was the only one doing X or I was the only mother feeling Y....then you read the messages and realize you're not alone and it makes you feel so much better, lol.

I lurk a lot of places but depending on what's going on in my life I post more actively on certain boards. Right now I actively post on Parent Soup boards; new mothers with June 2003 babies, Four & Five Year Olds, Coffee Break and here - and I have to tell you ladies I just LOVE it here!! I feel so welcome and that I enjoy being/posting here. I often lurk on the Christmas board, Working Mothers, Leisure Reading, and Harry Potter fans.

But as Tracy said if I visited every board that interested me I'd never get any work done!

Amy

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-12-2003 - 9:48am
Naturally, I check recipes often on this site! lol

I also frequent the following boards:

Quick and Easy Recipes (duh! lol)

PDD-NOS/Asperger's Syndrome

Adoption

Boy Scouts & Girl Scouts

Preschool & Elementary Education

And I am always working on my websites, so I guess you could include iVillage Member Websites into the mix, too!

Oh, and the quizzes/polls that they have!!

~Carrie

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-12-2003 - 10:45am
I found iVillage through a search for worker's compensation help and received so much help and support there.

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-12-2003 - 11:21am
I visit several other boards but I love Quick and Easy.

Other boards I visit are:

For Fiction lovers

Book Nook

Sandbox

Boob Toob

Celebrity Slam

I lurk around on several others

I truly love the Ivillage boards

Hugs, barb
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-12-2003 - 1:06pm
I loved the parent boards.