No birthday cooking for me!!

iVillage Member
No birthday cooking for me!!
Wed, 11-12-2003 - 2:05pm
I just had to share with you guys that I didn't have to cook last night. The person DH was supposed to be meeting with cancelled so he ended up being home last night. When I got in with the 2 kids he had a dozen roses waiting for me, take out from Vinny Testa's (Italian restaurant) and, AND this is the BEST part had cleaned the kitchen for me!!! Whoo HOo for DH!!! And believe me after the last week and a half from hell it looked like a tornado had hit it.

So, I figured that was my present - which by the way I was perfectly happy with - he told me to close my eyes because he wasn't able to wrap my present. OK I'll admit this scared me just a touch. But he had bought all the supplies and paint to paint our kitchen. Granted it doesn't sound like the most romantic gift but we've been talking about this for at least a year now. I'm so excited that my kitchen is getting painted. Now that we have a color I have to start curtain shopping.

Then we had a little cake and DS had fun opening the couple of presents I had. So it was a really good night and birthday. DH really came through for me - I guess I'll keep him, LOL!!!

Amy

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-12-2003 - 2:41pm
Oh my.......Happy Birthday!!!! (a day late! lol)

I think the paint and supplies for the kitchen ARE romantic -- it's something you guys have really been wanting to do, and it's something from your hubby that you really enjoy, therefor romantic! LOL And the roses sound sensational!!!!!! ---{-@

I can only hope that my hubby does something like that for me this weekend (my bday is on Friday, 14th)! November is such a great month!! ;)

~Carrie

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-12-2003 - 5:30pm
Amy, i am so glad that hubby came through for your big day!

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-13-2003 - 10:27am

WHAT a sweetie you have there!!!

YES YOU KEEP HIM!!

I think the cleaning of the kitchen is the best gift!(lol)

And, painting the kitchen, . . . . we just did that and it makes Such a difference!

What color will you paint it?

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-13-2003 - 12:34pm
The color we chose is called Venetian Red - its a Ralph Lauren color. It close to cranberry. We have high ceilings and white cabinets and lots of light so we wanted something with some contrast and pizzazz. It will look so out of place at first but I think I'll really like it when its done.

Amy

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-13-2003 - 2:09pm
Okay, I am now officially annoyed with not being able to paint a Navy kitchen! Venetian Red??!!!! Ohhhh....that's a gorgeous color!! A red kitchen is my absolute DREAM!!!! I'm so jealous!! ROFL

~Carrie

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-13-2003 - 2:27pm

Amy, I bet you will LOVE it!!

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-13-2003 - 4:54pm
Unfortunately he has a conference all weekend in RI - he's driving down each day (only an hour away) but still that will take up the whole weekend. I'm hoping for next weekend??? We'll see, I'll keep you gals posted. I'm so excited about this! Our house needs decorating so badly so I'm hoping once we start we keep going.

Take care,

Amy