WooHoo!! New Oven......

iVillage Member
WooHoo!! New Oven......
Thu, 11-13-2003 - 12:15pm
.........again! hehehehehe

One of the benefits of military housing here is that WE aren't in charge of our appliances. So, when something is wrong, maintenance has to come and fix it. Well, a few months ago, the old gas range just went on the fritz (gas would turn on, but would never ignite in the oven), so they replaced it with a brand-spankin' new one. Yippie!!!!

Well, maybe not *yippie*. After only a couple weeks of having and using it, it began beeping at us. Sometimes after we had used the oven. Sometimes the oven hadn't been on in almost 24-hrs. In fact, one morning we woke up at 7am to the stinking thing beeping at us!! Luckily, it had never turned itself on, even tho it was trying to prompt us to select the pre-heat option!

Today, maintenance finally came out to look at it. After only a few minutes, the guy said "Yeah, it's all that electronic-digital-computery-type stuff, so I need to go back and see what my boss has to say." Typical answer, and I figured I would hear back from them sometime next week.

WRONG!! About 30mins later, their secretary calls me, asks if I am still going to be home in the next few minutes, and if I am ready to take delivery on my NEW oven! Uhhmmmm......YEAH, I am!!! ROFL So, sitting in my kitchen is another brand-new Whirlpool SuperCapacity Gas range. Over the three that we've had since we moved in here (like, in the past 4 months! lol), this is by far the best one. There's so much space inside, and it just looks cleaner.

I can't wait to see how it bakes!!!!

~Carrie

Edited 11/13/2003 12:35:01 PM ET by suitemadameblue

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-13-2003 - 12:22pm

Well, you lucky girl!

I think that is Great!!

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-13-2003 - 1:06pm
Don't you just love new toys?! Congrats on your new oven! Hopefully you won't need a new one anytime soon!

Kelly