Short Rant and Chicken Recipe Request

iVillage Member
Short Rant and Chicken Recipe Request
Fri, 11-14-2003 - 9:45am
Okay,

I have only been here a short time and have a few good recipes for chicken. However, yesterday while at the Doc's office with my 2.5 yr old son I found out just what I am going to have to live with for as long as my son is on medications. He has hypothyroidism. (Simple story -- not enough growing going on cuz its not working right.) So, he is on medication to boost his thyroid. The medication does its job very efficently!! He is growing like crazy -- he has outgrown 3 shoe sizes in about 9 months. Only other problem with this is that his bone growth is faster than what the muscles can easily keep up with and we end up with muscle cramps at 2 am in the morning nearly every night. Doc says give him tylenol and a few other things. I am not getting enough sleep!! Anyway, Doc also recommended getting MORE protein to help said muscles grow faster too. Okay, not a problem -- what is best?? She tells me Chicken -- and tuna but lil man isn't fond of the stuff. Weight gain is not an issue -- I have stick children so protein is a good thing for gaining much needed weight.

Soooooooooooooooooo -- I need your chicken recipes!! So we can do a variety of nummy dinners/lunchs and breakfast too with chicken. He loves cheesy eggs and I will often make enough for me and him both on that. But if you could not already tell I am desperate for some sleep and want to help my wee man not be in pain at night, and try to get him away from the Tylenol when possible. (pain relieving meds are very hard on both child and adult livers. Do not really want to trade one problem for another.)

Thankyou thankyou thankyou for all your support and recipes!!

Have a great weekend and day!!

Heather B with Cookie due Apr04

and a crew of 4 hungry boys

and One Sweetie of an SO!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-14-2003 - 10:16am
OH wow.....growing that fast!! No wonder you aren't sleeping right now! I will do my best to find some of our family favs for chicken. (Pecan crusted chicken fingers, cheesy chicken and broccoli casserole, etc)

In the meantime, you mentioned tuna. Well, my kids aren't very fond of it, either, but one of their FAVORITE dishes that I make is Tuna Cakes. The recipe is listed here on the boards in the Main Dishes list....just click "more" at the bottom of the section and it's in there. You can play around with the different veggies that go in it, flavored bread crumbs, etc. Just a thought for ya!!

~Carrie

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-14-2003 - 10:43am

Morning Heather....

Gosh, sounds like you and your little guy are having a rough time.

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-14-2003 - 11:20am
Hey all,

I did want to let you know I am cruzing thru the recipes below and getting the ones that mention chicken and tuna. (The cakes sound easy and nummy.) As well as searching recipe web sites that I have gleened the past few weeks again since reformatting the computer.

The one thing with getting recipes from you all here is I "KNOW" they are tried and true from real homes!! Homes that have real people in them with real children who can be choosy and sometimes picky SO's! LOL That's why I turned to you!

Thankyou again for your support!! This is great! I am so grateful I found this group/message board!!

HUGS TO ALL!!

Heather with Cookie due Apr04

Four hungry boys

and a Sweetie for a SO! (Who can be picky but is proving fairly easy to work around.) LOL

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-15-2003 - 7:29am
Hi Heather... I feel your frustration!

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526