Phew! Just had dinner for 13 people!

iVillage Member
Phew! Just had dinner for 13 people!
Sun, 11-16-2003 - 6:04pm
It went well. I made 2 meat loaves - 1 with onions and 1 without (my uncle is allergic). Also made those wonderful glazed carrots (thanks for the recipe!). I added a little brown sugar to them and they were a hit! I also made a frozen veggie lasagna (for the one vegetarian - well, supposed vegetarian but that's another story! lol!) and spaghetti with meat sauce - also a big hit! My brother and SIL were kind enough to make a crown pork roast - I'm not a fan of pork but it looked and smelled good and everyone liked it. Let's see, what else did I make? Oh, cheesey garlic bread, peas (from a can), gravy (from a jar) and salad.

Thank God that's over! Now, DH has to clean up! lol! He is more than happy to do so (well, not really happy, but he'll do it!).

By the way, my SIL made cookies out of her left over Halloween candy. They were amazing! I think it was a basic butter cookie recipe and she crumbled up snickers in one recipe, kit kats in another batch, and m&m's in another and they were sooooo good! I was trying to be nice so I offered to let people take stuff home - and the cookies are now gone! I really wanted them for myself! LOL!!

Thanks to this board I'm much more confident about my cooking! And after making all that food for everyone and getting such rave reviews (genuine too - everyone asked if they could take stuff home!), I'm going to have to cook more often!

Kelly

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-16-2003 - 7:07pm
Congratulations Kelly!

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-16-2003 - 7:21pm

~*~*~Congratulations~*~*~

Kelly - - WOW....I'm impressed!!

That was a lot of food you prepared!!

And it sounds like you pulled it off beautifully!!

So WHAT if the gravy was jar!(lol)....I bet next time you'll have that down too!

I bet your Mom and DH were proud of you....

Good move by DH to clean up!(lol)...

So, yes, maybe you will have to do this more often.

And those cookies sound great too....should have hidden a couple before letting them out the door!(lol)

Relax and enjoy now.

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-16-2003 - 7:31pm
As a matter of fact, I have TONS of left overs! I made a HUGE pot of spaghetti and an almost 10 pound meat loaf! LOL! Plus only one person had any lasagna so I gave my SIL half and the other half is for me. They left like 2 carrots though and some garlic bread but that was about it!

Fortunately, DH and I have lunch and dinner covered all week now!

Kelly

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-16-2003 - 7:32pm
I actually stashed away 4 cookies, but DH just ate 2 of them! LOL!

My brother ended up making gravy from his pork roast, so the jarred stuff went untouched! LOL!

Kelly

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-16-2003 - 9:11pm
Very impressive, Kelly.
TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-17-2003 - 6:05pm
Wow, quite impressive! I always feel so proud of myself after a successful meal with guests. It makes you feel like you've accomplished something, huh?

Plus, with such a varied menu, your leftovers for this week won't be boring - what a great idea!

cgirl