QOTD for Friday

iVillage Member
QOTD for Friday
Fri, 11-21-2003 - 7:06am
For all of us Mexican food fanatics out there, what's your favorite thing to order at a Mexican restaurant?
TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-21-2003 - 7:11am
I love chicken fajitas.
TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-21-2003 - 8:01am
I would have to say it was Chi-Chi's Twice Grilled Barbeque Burrito. Mmmmmmm......that was soooo good!!!

~Carrie

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-21-2003 - 8:45am

It has been so long since I've eaten in a Mexican restaurant.....BUT, I think one of my favorite things is beans....refried beans with salsa or at this place called Jalapeno Harrys they have WOnderful beans with onions....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

~tracy

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-21-2003 - 9:07am
I absolutely love the spicy shrimp fajitas at Don Pablo's restaurants. However, the nearest Don Pablo's is now 2 hours away!

MMMM... I feel a road trip coming on now. LOL

Lisa
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-21-2003 - 10:49am
I don't think I can pick a fav dish. It would so depend on the day and my mood. I love fajitas (chicken, steak, shrimp, you name it), I love enchiladas, I love tacos, I love burritos, I love tamales, I love it all. Yum!!! Now I wish my son was a mexican fan cause I'll be wanting mexican while eating pizza. Does pizza hut have a good mexican pizza???? Hee hee.

Diane

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-21-2003 - 12:28pm
My favorite mexican is from a small, cheap restaurant chain in town. They make a grilled vegetable quesadilla with squash, zucchini, sweet potatoes, onions and I always get it with guacamole and sour cream, cheese, salsa and hot sauce. Its divine! One of my friends and I make a date to go there at least once a month. We go there to celebrate each other's birthdays or if we need to talk or if we're just craving quesadillas. We always order the same thing! So, when she was having BF troubles a few weeks ago, we went there to talk about it and I'll get to download about my breakup with BF tomorrow while we're there. It has a lot of memories for us and you can get dinner for less than $5.
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-21-2003 - 12:39pm
Well, margaritas of course are my favorite thing to order, but to eat? Spicy shredded beef flautas, also called taquitos. It's spicy shredded beef rolled in a little corn tortilla, then fried--which is why I don't eat them THAT often even thought I love them.

Actually my sister and I are going to a mexican restaurant for her birthday Tuesday, it's one that only has been open for about a year, and it is sssssssooooooooooo good! They have 1/2 price maragaritas on Tuesdays, and my sister is not a drinker at all, but she says she might have one! I have had their margaritas before and they are good, but if she finishes an entire one, I'll have to carry her to the car!

Almost forgot-Chipotle has come to town, and I love anything there. Those burritoes are so big!

Edited 11/21/2003 12:42:16 PM ET by laraber

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-21-2003 - 1:13pm
Mexican food is definitely my all time favorite ! I like everything on the menu cuz its all so good.

If its "to go" I order a carnitas burrito with everything on it except cilantro/salsa.

If we're eating at the restaurant I'll order a combination plate - i love chili rellenos!

But as long as I get the chips and margaritas I'm happy :)

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-22-2003 - 7:48am

Okay... I LOVE MEXICAN... so it's hard to choose, but I have favorites at different places.

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526