Wednesday (instead of Friday) Five

iVillage Member
Wednesday (instead of Friday) Five
Wed, 11-26-2003 - 6:47am

Okay... so i got carried away..... here's your Wednesday TEN!

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-26-2003 - 6:56am

Here's my answers since I won't be able to answer during the day today while I'm at work.

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-26-2003 - 7:42am

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-26-2003 - 10:10am

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-26-2003 - 11:56am
1. What's your favorite part of the turkey? ~*~ white meat

2. Do you like cranberry (any dish)? ~ absolutely!! fav is cranberry from a can! lol

3. Does your family dress up or dress casual for Thanksgiving? ~*~ when I was little, it was dress-up time -- nothing too fancy or anything, I'd say just below the level of church clothes! lol Now that it's only the four of us, it's dress as any other day.

4. Do the men help at all in your family? ~*~ Yes he does!!! Michael does the turkey, and Tristan helps me with the baking

5. Is football watching in your plans on Thanksgiving Day? ~*~ all depends on who is playing, but most likely no

6. Do you shop on Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving)? ~*~ I used to go out with my mom when I was younger, but I just don't have the money anymore!

7. Does your family play games or some other type of activity after eating? ~*~ not really...I'm lucky if Michael is awake long enough to help clear the table! ROFL

8. Do you prefer cornbread dressing or crouton/regular bread dressing? ~*~ regular, preferrably Stove Top! =)

9. What's your favorite use for leftover turkey? ~*~ sandwiches....sometimes I even shred it up to make turkey salad for sandwiches.

10. Besides your family and friends, name one thing you are thankful for.... that we are an approved home for adoption and that we will be able to help out needy children someday.

~Carrie

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-26-2003 - 12:34pm
1. What's your favorite part of the turkey? - I love the white meat.

2. Do you like cranberry (any dish)? - Nope.

3. Does your family dress up or dress casual for Thanksgiving? - Kind of dressy casual for the adults and casual for the kids

4. Do the men help at all in your family? - My hubby cooks the turkey (if we're in charge of it) and also helps out with anything else in the kitchen - he's quite the chef.

5. Is football watching in your plans on Thanksgiving Day? - the guys watch as much as possible

6. Do you shop on Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving)? - I used to before we had kids. I will probably do some online shopping on Friday.

7. Does your family play games or some other type of activity after eating? - the kids go crazy playing together and the guys watch football

8. Do you prefer cornbread dressing or crouton/regular bread dressing? - cornbread dressing is my favorite

9. What's your favorite use for leftover turkey? - can't stand left-overs for the most part (unless it's a dessert! LOL)

10. Besides your family and friends, name one thing you are thankful for.... the men and women of the armed forces who are dedicated to serving and protecting our country

Lisa

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-26-2003 - 1:06pm
1. What's your favorite part of the turkey? - - lite + dark meat with gravy on top

2. Do you like cranberry (any dish)? - - only the cranberry jello dessert

3. Does your family dress up or dress casual for Thanksgiving? - - casual but not sloppy

4. Do the men help at all in your family? - - they better or else !!

5. Is football watching in your plans on Thanksgiving Day? - - probably not

6. Do you shop on Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving)? - - never !

7. Does your family play games or some other type of activity after eating? - - its always different - sometimes its watching TV, or playing games ... this year we'll be in the motel jacuzi and then opening christmas presents since we wont see each other in Dec.

8. Do you prefer cornbread dressing or crouton/regular bread dressing? - - regular traditional stuffing is my personal favorite

9. What's your favorite use for leftover turkey? - - the ever popular sandwich ;)

10. Besides your family and friends, name one thing you are thankful for ? - - I'm glad the weather is looking good for the holiday weekend - I hate driving for 4-5 hours in rain and heavy traffic. Also, i am so thankful that i didnt get a cold or flu this year - last year was miserable !

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-26-2003 - 1:09pm
1. What's your favorite part of the turkey? The crispy skin-my mom chides me about it!

2. Do you like cranberry (any dish)? It's OK, I like cranberry bread best.

3. Does your family dress up or dress casual for Thanksgiving? Very relaxed and casual

4. Do the men help at all in your family? Yes, my dad is a good cook and does a lot. He always makes the gravy-he's a pro at that!

5. Is football watching in your plans on Thanksgiving Day? No

6. Do you shop on Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving)? No WAY!!!!!!!!!!

7. Does your family play games or some other type of activity after eating? Usually we end up playing something like Uno, or Trivial Persuit-it's always a blast.

8. Do you prefer cornbread dressing or crouton/regular bread dressing? Regular, it's the only way I eat celery is in homemade dressing!

9. What's your favorite use for leftover turkey? Well I do like sliced turkey sandwich with cranberry flavored mustard, but turkey nachos are really good, too!

10. Besides your family and friends, name one thing you are thankful for....Glad that I have a job I love, and that it's mission benefits others in our community. I am also always thankful for all the service people, oversees as well as CONUS, who do a much-needed job 24/7, 365!

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-26-2003 - 1:21pm

My answers

1. What's your favorite part of the turkey? breast

2. Do you like cranberry (any dish)? No

3. Does your family dress up or dress casual for Thanksgiving? Yes

4. Do the men help at all in your family? A little

5. Is football watching in your plans on Thanksgiving Day? It's in my dh's plans and my mom will probably watch some too. If it's ok weather I'll probably take my kid to the playgroud after eating or ifnot then nap.

6. Do you shop on Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving)?

Last year yes. this year I don't know yet!

7. Does your family play games or some other type of activity after eating?

No

8. Do you prefer cornbread dressing or crouton/regular bread dressing? Crouton/regular dressing

9. What's your favorite use for leftover turkey? Sandwiches

10. Besides your family and friends, name one thing you are thankful for.... I'm healthy!! '-)

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-26-2003 - 1:32pm

1. What's your favorite part of the turkey? White meat

2. Do you like cranberry (any dish)? I really like the canned cranberry sauce, the homemade is okay but I wouldn't miss it either.

3. Does your family dress up or dress casual for Thanksgiving? Casual but still nice - usually nice slacks and a blouse, the guys will often wear cordouroys and a shirt maybe a sweater vest type look.

4. Do the men help at all in your family? The younger generation does...if its at my house DH does at least half of the work. At my cousin's they still help out quite a bit.

5. Is football watching in your plans on Thanksgiving Day? NOt especially but if everyone else is I'll probably watch a little.

6. Do you shop on Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving)? NOt ususally unless DH and I are really trying to get something accomplished.

7. Does your family play games or some other type of activity after eating? We used to play bingo but since 90% of us will have a 2 hour ride home not this year. We use Thanksgiving to celebrate all the November birthdays so after dessert we'll open gifts and then start heading home.

8. Do you prefer cornbread dressing or crouton/regular bread dressing? Regular bread stuffing but have to have at least a little if cornbread is offered too.

9. What's your favorite use for leftover turkey? Thanksgiving turkey sandwich - white bread, turkey, gravy, stuffing and some cranberry sauce.

10. Besides your family and friends, name one thing you are thankful for.... That we're all healthy and that the weather will be nice for our 4 hour round trip drive.

Amy

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-26-2003 - 4:50pm
1. What's your favorite part of the turkey? Left overs! LOL!

2. Do you like cranberry (any dish)? NO

3. Does your family dress up or dress casual for Thanksgiving? Pretty much casual

4. Do the men help at all in your family? Depends on what you consider help...they occasionally move a chair so there is room for more chairs at the dining room table! LOL! Dad usually does the last minute shopping.

5. Is football watching in your plans on Thanksgiving Day? Not in my plans, but I'm sure the boys will be watching

6. Do you shop on Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving)? HECK NO!

7. Does your family play games or some other type of activity after eating? No, pretty much just veg, crash on the couch/floor, etc.

8. Do you prefer cornbread dressing or crouton/regular bread dressing? Don't know. I never know how they are made

9. What's your favorite use for leftover turkey? Sandwiches!

10. Besides your family and friends, name one thing you are thankful for.... I'm thankful for living in America.

Kelly

Pages