Any boo boo's yesterday???

iVillage Member
Any boo boo's yesterday???
Fri, 11-28-2003 - 6:10am

I made a few!

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-28-2003 - 4:25pm

Sounds like you flirted with disaster Daisy, but all turned out well.

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-28-2003 - 8:02pm

Oh, I hate to say this....mine was FABULOUS~!!!(lol)

The only "mishap" would be that we forgot about putting the turkey IN the bag.....we were so confused about whether or not to stick the "probe" in him after the HIgh Heat or from the beginning that we completely forgot about bagging the boy!

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-29-2003 - 6:25am

I'm sorry about your corn pudding dripping all in your freezer... I hate to clean up messes like that!

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-29-2003 - 6:57am

OH Noooo... you forgot the bag!

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-29-2003 - 9:11am

Daisy,

I think the broccoli casserole worked so well because I used frozen broccoli, never letting

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-01-2003 - 4:57pm
I managed to mangle the sweet potootie casserole. I'd never made it before - I never even liked it till last year when I got the recipe from my SIL's mom. The first mistake was buying the wrong kind of potatoes - the recipe said small potatoes so I bought the small white ones when I should have bought the big orange ones (yams). Then I added too much water to the brown sugar,butter,marshmallow melt so it was too thin and runny when it should have been dark brown and thick. I didnt like them but mom loved them so guess who got to keep the leftovers ? Oh well, now I know how to do it for next year ;)
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-01-2003 - 6:41pm
Actually, everything went really smooth for us! Bread came out great the day before, and I managed to get some bar cookies made in the morning BEFORE we even put the bird in the oven!

This year, with the new oven, I was able to cook the side dishes at the same time as the turkey since the oven is so big!! THAT really helped out alot!

The only thing I was "down" about was the fact that, after dinner, my daughter was trying to help clear the table. Normally, that's fine, but I had asked her NOT to help that night, because I had to sort out leftovers and such. Well, being 6yo, she didn't listen, naturally! While I was rinsing off dishes, I felt the back of my leg and my food get cold and slimy -- she had brought over the plate with the cranberry sauce on it, and it slid off the plate just as she got to me! I didn't care that it ended up on the floor, I understood that she really was trying to help. I just was bothered because I hadn't had any of it yet!!!! That is one of my absolute favs for holiday meals, and I normally have it in between dinner and dessert, but I didn't this year.

Aside from that, tho, we didn't have any problems.

~Carrie

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-01-2003 - 8:48pm

Hey, don't feel bad about getting the wrong potatoes....I used to have a hard time picking out a head of lettuce...I used to pick up the cabbage.

So, you fixed the white potatoes the sweet potato way...wow...I can't imagine...but, hey, why not?(lol) Hey, you learned how to make them next time anyway!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-01-2003 - 8:51pm

Oh Boy...cranberry down the legs~?...ewwww...(lol).....sorry you didn't get a bit first Carrie!

See, you've trained your darling daughter so well she just Naturally gets up to help clear....sounds like a pretty good girl!

COOL that you've got a bigger oven this year!