Halfway thru this week....

So, fixing something special?

Going out for dinner?

Warming up leftovers?

What's Cooking??

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-03-2003 - 7:54am

We will heat up leftover Salisbury steak with that wonderful gravy (Daisy's recipe below) and I'm going to make some mashed potatoes and corn to go with.

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-03-2003 - 2:20pm

Where is everyone today?

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-03-2003 - 2:28pm

AW, hope your little one is better soon....

Boy - - I bet your cherry cobbler was good...I did it with apple and oh MAN, with a dab of frozen vanilla yogurt....YUM.

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-03-2003 - 7:00pm
Wow! I've sure missed a lot! Lousy work blocking the message boards!

Let's see...not much is new. Had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Ate out a LOT over the weekend. Monday DH and I were so tired getting home from work, we literally skipped dinner and went straight to bed! Okay, we did snack on cheese and crackers in bed, but that was it. Tuesday was DH's late night at the office so I had a grilled cheese sandwhich and vegetable soup. Tonight, DH surprised me with a pizza. We were going to have leftovers - from the various restaurants we went to over the weekend! LOL! Pizza was good though - it really hit the spot and it was nice not to have dirty dishes. For some reason I always have to eat pizza on a paper plate. It just doesn't taste right on a real plate!

That has been my fun week thus far. Oh! My little kitten went in Monday to get neutered...poor guy! The anesthesia had a harder effect on him than usual and he didn't wake up when they expected him to! The vet wanted to keep him overnight (which of course was the best thing for him) but I was so nervous. He had the surgery at 1:00 PM and he didn't wake up until almost 6 PM! Fortunately, he was okay, it just knocked him out longer than they expected. I picked him up after work yesterday and he seems to be just fine! A little slower than usual, but that is to be expected.

Well, I'll check in as often as I can. Hope all is well.

Kelly

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-03-2003 - 7:44pm
Went super-simple tonight for dinner and made spaghetti!! (put some Frank's Hot Sauce on mine!) Downtown this evening was our annual tree lighting and Santa arrival, so I needed something made and eaten fast! This year, the Girl Scouts were leading the caroling and we signed our Daisy troop up to be part of it.

Boy was it cold out there (about 20degs)!!! Unfortunately, altho everyone *said* they were going to be there, only three girls showed. (okay, technically four, since the other leader's older daughter, who is a jr. scout, is also our aide, so she counts, too) It was rather unorganized and they did all the carols out of order so nobody could really follow along......but there was free cookies and hot chocolate, so that made it better! ROFL Since we DID show up, those girls got a patch for their tunics/vests! And since my son was also there, is a Cub Scout and sang some songs, we gave one of our extra patches to him (also, because we were proud of him -- his PDD kicked in, and the crowd got to be too much and he had a minor meltdown, but Daddy took him for a walk to get away, and he came back calm and refreshed and ready to sing) All in all, tho, it was a nice evening.....and Santa is officially here in town!!

~Carrie

(sorry for the rambling....just trying to warm up my hands! lol)

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-03-2003 - 9:03pm

Oh Kelly...poor kitty!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-03-2003 - 9:07pm

Aw, too bad more of the girls didn't show up ...

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-03-2003 - 10:27pm
Tracy,

Hi Ya! I went out today, dh surprised us and took the boys and I to applebees. The service sucked. We were seated for about 20 minutes, before we even got offered anything to drink. The oldest boy ordered rootbeer and the hostess said they didn't serve any (funny the menu said they did). The youngest a green grasshopper and she said that was a denny's drink, but the kids menu said they had it as well. N-E way, we finally got drinks and ordered dinner, dh got medium rare steak, that when it came was well bloody and my brisket and fries were cold as heck. The manager came over to check on things and we were like it's okay. The boys food was okay. We vowed to never go back. The sad thing, service used to be so great. It made me feel like they got my food from the garbage. It was sloppy and cold. LOLOLOLOLOL. To top things of, the hostess as we were paying said, thanks for your patience it's my first night. We probably would've been more sympatheic had she told us this early on. We were fed, it did it's purpose. We were just slighty disappointed. LOLOLOLOL. Talk to you soon....

:)Taxi

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-03-2003 - 11:38pm

AW,Taxi,

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-04-2003 - 5:59am

I know how you feel, Taxi.... i hate to complain too.

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

Pages