It's challenge time......

iVillage Member
It's challenge time......
Wed, 12-03-2003 - 5:02am

Every so often we do a challenge here and since we're probably recovered from Thanksgiving Dinner, I'd say it's about time!

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-03-2003 - 1:06pm
Okay, I'll do this! Not quite sure which recipe I will make just yet, but I do know it will be an Atkins recipe. Once I decide which one - and it turns out right! - I will post it here!

~Carrie

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-03-2003 - 1:39pm
I will do this too, sounds like fun!

Sacha

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-03-2003 - 2:13pm

Count me in....I'm not Sure what I'll make...I'm thinking of trying that Miss Lexie's Pineapple Casserole....only problem is I can't tell if it's dessert or side dish!(lol)

Pineapple with cheese and sugar and butter and crackers~!

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-04-2003 - 7:36am
Since technically the challenge started yesterday morning, and I made a 'new to me' recipe from this board yesterday afternoon, I'm going to claim it.
TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-04-2003 - 11:18am
I will also post this recipe in the main dishes section.

I tried out Cheesy Chicken Pot Biscuit cups last night as part of the new recipe challenge. I'm not sure where I got the recipe as I thought it was from this board, but I did a search and it didn't come up. Anyway, the recipe was a huge hit with my entire family. We'll definitely be eating this one often as it's easy to prepare.

Cheesy Chicken Pot Biscuit Cups

1 can of refrigerated homestyle or buttermilk biscuits

1 cup (5 oz.) diced chicken breast (you may use canned chicken)

1 (10 1/2 oz.) can cream of chicken soup

2/3 cup (2 1/2 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese

1 t oregano (garlic powder, basil or parsley flakes would work)

1/4 t black pepper

(Optional: add a little chopped broccoli or saute a little onion and celery and add to meat/soup mix)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Separate biscuits and place each biscuit in a cup of a greased 12 hole muffin pan, pressing dough up the sides.

In a medium bowl, combine rest of ingredients and mix well.

Evenly spoon mixture into prepared biscuit cups.

Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.

Lisa

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-04-2003 - 9:47pm
Already did it!!!

Tonight for dinner, we had roast deer (venison). I made it just like I would make any roast, but wasn't sure if that would really work or not. Just put it in the slow-cooker, liberally applied salt and pepper, and let it go. It turned out FANTASTIC!!!! Now I just need hubby to start hunting! LOL

I also made the No-Cook Lemon Balls listed in the '3 Ingredients or Less' folder. These are so good!!!! I have them in the freezer since we don't have room in the fridge, so slightly frozen was a delight after dinner!! (A friend of mine even wants to recipe, because her 11yo daughter loves lemon flavored foods!)

So, I actually did TWO new recipes!! lol

~Carrie

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-04-2003 - 10:46pm
Daisy,

I'm game. However, don't know if have the time to try this out. I will defintely be checking to see who tried what, and how certain foods turned out for the ladies. Hope you all have fun.

:)Taxi

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-05-2003 - 12:55pm
Daisy,

I'm in, just haven't picked a recipe yet. I'll post when I do.

What a great idea, I've just started to get in a cooking slump - where I pick up something rather than take the time to cook - and this should help me right out of it. Plus, Bon Appetit and Cooking Light just showed up yesterday at my door. Maybe there is something good in there...

Cgirl