CRAPABEE's just replying 2 u all :)

iVillage Member
CRAPABEE's just replying 2 u all :)
Thu, 12-04-2003 - 8:48pm
Tracy,

Brisket is different, I used to order salads and soups all the time. I am trying to taste different foods. I am used to the same-o, same-o. Tea sweet or not is different for us here. It is always the kind where you add your own sugar. Daisy, yes it was nice of Dh to take all of us out. It has been awhile since we have had that. I did enjoy being with the men in my life. I used to complain when things weren't right before. I am just mellow now. Dh and I just make note now and just don't go back. We used to go to a Mexican food place near our house, but the hostess would just stare at Dh all the time and he felt uncomfortable. We stopped going there. I'm a sucker for good service. We tip very well when the service is good it doesn't have to be like perfect, but warm prompt service. It just seems there is no customer service anymore. I know, they are probably sick of people always wanting something or their food for free, but we're not like that. N-E Way, Tracy :), yes I am still in school. I am trying to balance everything in my life. I will have 2 weeks off soon. I was invited to a tamale party during my school break. So, I will have tamales for X-mas dinner. Thankyou all for your responses it's nice to know you Lasses listen here and give your imput.

:)Taxi

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-04-2003 - 9:14pm

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-04-2003 - 10:40pm
Tracy,

Hey! It's where all the women in the family get together to do just that tamales (and gossip of course :)). Woman, it is hard to jolt down the recipe. My mother and I just add, pinch, and cup of this and that. We have a family recipe that has been handed down for about 10 generations now. But it's taught and never written, so it would be hard to write down. I would be able to give you the basics, the maza (corn spread), but the meat they have a special way they season it. Sorry, but will try to find out. Texas is like being in Mexico isn't it? all that good down home Mexican food. Have you just had Sonoran Mexico food, because it is different the farther north you go. We have family all over Mexico, the border states by AZ, TX, and CA,but also as far north close to South Central America.

:)Taxi
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-04-2003 - 11:24pm

Hun, don't worry about trying to get the recipe down ....I bet it is so special for your family....that is such a nice tradition!

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-05-2003 - 6:46am

Yeah... i'm like you..... laid back and relaxed.

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526