OT - Snowed In!!

iVillage Member
OT - Snowed In!!
Sun, 12-07-2003 - 5:30pm
Hey guys! I'm snowed in here in the Northeast!

Tracy, I thought you might find this particularly amusing - we didn't get 6 inches of snow - we got TWO FEET of snow!!

I made it out and around yesterday and down the street for some chinese food at lunch today, but other than that, I'm not going anywhere! And the grocery store is out of the question.

I'm off in search of a recipe that I have all the ingredients for so I can get the challenge for this week done! I might be out of luck, though. There's not much in the house.

But it is beautiful and its kinda nice when everyone just slows down for a few days.

cgirl

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-07-2003 - 6:05pm
cgirl ~ Where are you at?! Here in Upstate NY (just north of Albany), we got about roughly a foot and a half of snow, and we're loving it!!!!!!!!!

~Carrie

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-07-2003 - 8:57pm

I'm glad ya'll like that snow stuff, you can keep it up there LOL.

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Sun, 12-07-2003 - 9:34pm

DIdn't I tell you they were saying 16 inches!!(lol)..but TWO FEET!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-08-2003 - 6:13am

Glad you are both alright!

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-08-2003 - 10:37am
Well, guys, I made it work today and there is at least THREE feet of snow at my office!! The funny part is that my office is only about ten miles from my house! I live just outside of Boston, MA and we just got blasted!

It is crazy. I think I'll work from home tomorrow. It took an extra 45 minutes to get here - there are so many people who haven't shoveled their sidewalks that I was walking in the road to and from the train!

Needless to say, there was not enough food in my pantry to do the challenge. Not even any of the three ingredient recipes! Hope to get to the grocery store tonight!

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-08-2003 - 1:54pm
Another snow bunny checking in!! Hey cgirl if you don't mind saying what town do you live in?? I live in Middleton and we got close to 3 feet of snow!!! DS was loving the snow - he go out to play and last about 30 minutes and come in freezing cold and soaking wet. DH on the other hand was not loving it - he has a snowblower and spent about an hour on Saturday so it wouldn't get ahead of him, hah! He then spent about 5 hours on Sunday trying to clear out our driveway and we were lucky to have 1 car clear for us to share today! We have a really long driveway and its 3 car width's wide.

So we made it to work today but granted I only work about 5 miles from home and DH less than 10. It was a little more snow than I really wanted - about 6 inches would have been plenty, LOL!!

Glad to hear everyone "survived" just fine.

Amy