It's Tuesday, What's cooking?

iVillage Member
It's Tuesday, What's cooking?
Tue, 12-09-2003 - 12:19am

So, you Northerners able to get out in the snow and get to the grocery stores?

Anybody trying out a new recipe tonight?

Going out for shopping and a dinner?

What's cooking today?

~~tracy

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-09-2003 - 7:39am

I think tonight is going to be some form of pork chops.

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-09-2003 - 9:25am
Still no trips to the grocery store! I can't believe how many people just don't shovel their sidewalks! I didn't even try to go to the office today. I had to walk in the street too many times yesterday (not very safe), so I'm working from home today. But that means that I'll be getting takeout for lunch and dinner!

I'll be so happy when I finally get to the store - I'll be cooking up a storm!

cgirl

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-09-2003 - 9:39am
Hey, cgirl - I posted to you yesterday but it was late in the day and its already been buried. Where do you live? I live in Middleton, MA and we got about 30" of snow!! Yesterday we were only able to get 1 car of out the driveway so DH and I had to share - not that I minded I got dropped off at the door and picked up, yeah me! He going to get the other cars out today while there's some sun. Its these times that I'm really glad I only work about 3 miles from home. Hope your commute gets better soon! And that you make it to the grocery store!!

Amy

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-09-2003 - 9:39am
Let's see tonight will be boneless, skinless chicken breasts dredged in some breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese and some rice mixed with veggies.

Amy

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-09-2003 - 9:40am

Dh will be out, so the boys and I will probably go to Applebees...kids eat for 99 cents on Tuesdays!

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-09-2003 - 9:44am
We actually got out and went to the store while it was snowing on Saturday! ROFL Hubby spent most of his day Sunday shoveling the driveway with our neighbor (we share a driveway), so we have the only clear path in our housing area!

Dinner tonight will probably be the turkey soup --- was going to make it yesterday, but as soon as I posted that, hubby called and suggested something else for dinner, because he'd just had soup for lunch! LOL Thankfully, I hadn't started anything, so it was easy to switch. (ended up making Campbell's Chicken and Rice) Hopefully, this bone will make alot of broth and I'll still have a decent amount of soup for when my parents get up here.

(and yes, I also plan to make some homemade bread to go along with this!)

~Carrie

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-09-2003 - 9:47am
Hey Amy, I live in Somerville, MA and work in Melrose. I take the T to work, which is usually better than having to drive in the snow, but I have a 3/4 mile walk to the train and it is just a mess. We only got about 25" here, but Melrose has snow above my knees! Its nuts. Luckily, I can do work from home just as easily as from the office.

Good luck digging out from under the snow!

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-09-2003 - 10:27am

It's pretty warm here today....weather folks are predicting a thunderstorm later.

I haven't decided about dinner yet, but I am making a banana bread ...

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-09-2003 - 12:48pm
Ladies,

Hey there :) I think I'm making green chile enchildas and spanish rice. I am feeling under the weather. Anywho, that is what am making for dinner. I might add shredded chicken to those enchildas, I haven't decided yet. I am craving something like soup, but made tortellini (sp?) spinach soup lastnight w/ cresent rolls. Talk to you all soon.

:)Taxi

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-09-2003 - 1:05pm

Aw, Hope you feel better soon Taxi.

Pages