Do you do any Christmas baking?

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-10-2003 - 7:26am

I usually make these things every year.

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-10-2003 - 9:51am
I usually have a Saturday where my mom comes over and we all bake coconut balls and different cookies, but since I was diagnosed with Diabetes, I am not really going to go overboard.

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-10-2003 - 9:58am
Do *I* do Christmas/holiday baking?!?! You betcha!!!!! ROFL Every year, I make up small boxes of an assortment of cookies for all my friends and their families. I also make a few pies for those friends who are dearest to me. Then, it all gets packaged with hot cocoa mix, some candy canes and holiday chocolates.

I haven't even thought, yet, which cookies I am making this year. Hmmmm, let me think.

Peanut-Butter Blossoms

Whoopie Pies

Boyfriend cookies

Snickerdoodles

Sugar cookies

Gingerbread cookies

Gee, thanks for helping me get in gear and figure out my gift menu! LOL I'll work on posting a couple of these here, and getting the rest of them up at my recipe site!

~Carrie

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-10-2003 - 10:07am

Not much baking here for x-mas specifically....

I might make some of the sugar cookies I saw down below...those looked easy and good...and I MIght try a couple more cookie recipes that you all post...I think Emily posted a couple too that look really good.

I have Never been a bourbon ball fan...I can't see why folks like those!(lol)...course I don't like bourbon either so....

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-10-2003 - 12:14pm
I think I already posted the majority of what I make for Christmas. Usually, Russian Tea Cakes, Peppermint Puffs, Snickerdoodles, Raisin Filled Cookies, Lemon Bars and Raisin Bars. I usually also make cut out cookies too. I think some of the recipes got bumped down to the second page but they're there :)

Edited 12/10/2003 12:17:02 PM ET by ejrampe

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting 

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-10-2003 - 1:16pm
Whoopie Pies and Boyfriend Cookies? Most interesting, can't wait to find out what the heck they are!

I make Chex Mix in the conventional oven, batches and batches of it from just before Thanksgiving to late December. I give it to eveyone and their brother, just about. It's like a mental condition or something-I just can not let more that a few days go by without making a fresh batch! LOL!

Also the sweet stuff like:

Chocolate Crackle tops ( I call them my Triple Chocolate cookies)

Christmas Bars which I got from iVillage, here:

http://www.ivillage.com/food/recipefinder/recipe/0,13485,386769,00.html

Rum Balls

I end up sending a lot of this stuff to my parents in upstate NY as my mom does not cook or bake much anymore.

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-10-2003 - 2:27pm
Yes, yes, yes!!! And always too much! DH and I have the hardest time keeping our dessert list for Christmas down to a reasonable size - we both love to bake and like to have some of the old time favorites but its also a perfect excuse to try some new recipes. We haven't finalized our list for this year yet but I know these will be on it:

Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake (we have a whole cheesecake cookbook, sick I know:))

Chocolate Mousse (quite a bit of work but oh so worth it!)

Pecan pie

Pumpkin pie

Apple cranberry struesel pie

Chocolate crinkle cookies (taste like chocolate gingerbread)

Raspberry Squares

Toffee bars

Nutcracker Braid (I'll definitely post this recipe tomorrow)

Pumpkin Cranberry Pecan bread

I'm also participating in a cookie swap at work so I'll have some really yummy cookies that I didn't have to actually bake myself - bonus!!

We usually also make but think will cross off the list this year:

Mincemeat pie

Chocolate mint bars

7-layer bars

I think that's about it! Of course I say that know - DH hasn't gotten his hands on the cookbooks yet!

Amy

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-11-2003 - 7:26am
Not eat bourbon balls....madness LOL.
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-11-2003 - 7:28am

Amy,

I you get a chance, I'd love your chocolate mousse recipe.