It's Wednesday, What's Cooking...

iVillage Member
It's Wednesday, What's Cooking...
Wed, 12-17-2003 - 12:44am

Well, Barb has me wanting Corn Bread and NOTHING goes with corn bread like red beans and rice....It's a great meal for a chilly day...So, cornbread muffins and red beans and rice for me.

What's cooking at your house?

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-17-2003 - 7:41am
I took off this morning so I can go to DD's holiday program at school.
TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-17-2003 - 9:20am
Well, my roommate and I made it to the grocery store for a crazy amount of stocking up food last night. So, my pantry, freezer and refrigerator are full!

My roommate is cooking pork chops with onions tonight and I'll be making green beans and noodles to go alongside. Then we're off to a christmas party for dessert!

cgirl

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-17-2003 - 9:42am
Well, the weather outside is frightful........lol

Stood at the bus stop with all the neighborhood kids for about 20mins before some lady driving down the street stopped to inform us that, due to the icy weather, she was returning home and not going to work -- and that she heard that the schools were delayed 2 hours!!!!! Gee, you think they would inform people about that BEFORE we all head to the bus stops!!!!!! UGH!! So, for now, the kiddos are home until 11 or so. But, I would be surprised to see that the elem kids don't go in at all and the middle and high schools are sent home -- we are only going to get worse with ice and freezing rain and (more!) snow. It's a complete mess out there!!

OH -- add to that the fact that I go in shortly after noon to have a bad tooth pulled. Whatta lovely day - NOT!!!! Thankfully, hubby is only working a half-day so I won't have to drive in this weather.

So, for dinner, I am starting now to make Chicken Corn chowder! A chowder is perfect for this type of nasty weather day, plus the potatoes and corn will be soft on my poor mouth! lol

~Carrie

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-17-2003 - 10:14am
Carrie,

I think your weather is heading my way. We're supposed to get pelted this afternoon. I'm not looking forward to it. I have a ton of errands to run this evening and a christmas party to go to. I hate getting all dolled up and then trying to get to a party in the rain without getting messed up!

But chicken corn chowder sounds perfect for a day like today. Enjoy!

cgirl

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-17-2003 - 3:25pm

Will probably eat some cheese & crackers again with some cashews.

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-17-2003 - 4:39pm
Tonights dinner will be grilled pork chops, potato croquetts and sauteed asperagus.

Reading all these dinner menus makes me hungry.

Hugs to all, Barb