What do I have to do?

iVillage Member
What do I have to do?
Fri, 05-14-2010 - 11:01am

What do I have to do to find docs to help me. I ended up running out of my pain meds over the Mother's day weekend and went through withdrawal again. Once you are depended in these meds physically, you will go through withdrawal IF you run out of these meds. I tried to call my pain doc emergency number and they had no emergency contact because their machine was messed up. I called the ER, but they just acted like I was a drug addict seeking a refill, so no help there. Then I finally got in touch with my pain doc on Monday and she called me in a Rx she could to help with the W/D. I had an appt with her on Tuesday and refused to go back on morphine. I am off morphine now and do not want to use it anymore, but I am still in pain. I refuse to go through that emotional crap ever again. She told me they can not Rx hydrocodone or percocet on a regular basis, but they will give me high doses of morphine all day long, year after year.

I have been on the phone all week trying to get another doc, even just a family doc and I am having NO luck. This is crazy because I live in an area were docs are everywhere. I cannot find a doc that takes my insurance. I am ready to give up. The only doc I have been able to get an appt with is a pdoc at a local clinic. I am scared he will be a quack....that would be my luck.

Anyway, Sorry I have not been in any condition to be here answering all your posts. I do not know if everyone seen my post from last week, but I have not been doing well emotionally or physically. Hopefully soon I will be better....I hope.

I wish I had more support in my life, but I do not. It is always me that has to do everything alone and be the strong one...well I am sick of always having to be the one who takes care of everyone else and no one gives two licks about my needs or care. I am overwhelmed and exhausted. I start summer school in a week and a half and I have no idea how I am going to get through it.

I am on my way to see my tdoc. At least I have her, right?

~ Tina ~

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-14-2010 - 11:11am

We care Tina, you do have someone.