Update on my world

iVillage Member
Update on my world
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 9:04am

First, Thank you Amy, for helping me with the board. I deeply appreciate it!!! Also, thank you for caring and giving me support. These days I do not have a lot of support, so your kindness has helped.

I am still dealing with a lot of pain and exhaustion, which is greatly contributing to my depression. I wake up struggling to get awake. I wake up so stiff and that takes energy to get moving. It usually takes me 2 hours to feel less stiff. A hot shower helps some with that. By 3-4pm I am done for the day. However, I did find a new pain doc and I see him on May 26 and I see a new pdoc on May 26. Worried about how these docs will turn out. I sure hope they have something to offer that will help me.

Still going to physical therapy and trying to make an appointment to get reflexology. I am going to try and do a few sessions of reflexology, if the lady will call me back to set up an appointment. I may have to find some place else to go if she does not call me back soon. I am also looking into yoga classes for those with back problems. Until then I am doing stretches at home and the exercises my physical therapist gives me to do at home.

I am reading the book by Jillian Michaels, "Master Your Metabolism". I want to try and eat healthier and lose a lot of weight, but I know this will take a good amount of time, so I need to be patient. I am sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. I think Jillian's book is good and will help me. I am also trying to find an Endocrinologist to see so I can get tested to see what is happening with my hormones and everything.

I do not have control over somethings in my life, like my living situation, but I do have control over somethings, so it is time to take control where I can.

I start back to school on Monday, so I know that will use up the little energy I have, but maybe it will help in some way too.

I will try and check in and respond to posts as often as I can.
I hope everyone is well. I see that a lot of old timers are not posting, so I am hoping this means you are doing wonderful and do not need to post.

~ Tina ~

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 10:26am

Hi Tina,

I am so glad to see an update.

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 11:17am

Hi Tina! It's good to see you again! I have gotten interested in bioidentical hormone therapy and have been reading about it. My older sisters have started it so I have been watching them and they seem to feel it helps them out. There is a doc here that specializes it and he happens to already be in my medical group but I'm still not fully onboard just yet - it's confusing. I've been reading books and it says that it really

<
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 11:38am

You know I'm always happy to lend a hand, but I am very glad to see an update and know how things are going for you.

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 2:47pm

Hey Keli,

I wish you could find a doc that could help ease your PMS symptoms. I know how horrible you suffer every month. That is one heck of a roller coaster ride.

I actually got in touch with the reflexology lady. I have an appt June 4. She said she would also teach me the pressure points to do myself at home. I hope this helps.

My exercise routine is low impact right now and is mostly stretching. That is all my PT will allow me to do right now. She does not want me to do too much too soon, but we are working on increasing things slowly, but surely. I am glad exercise helps your pain. I hope it does the same for me.

The humidity hurts me a lot too. I know what you mean about this past winter. We had over 3 feet of snow....twice.

Hang in there. It is great hearing from you.
Love ya,

~ Tina ~

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 2:52pm

Kelli,

I know my hormones are out of whack. I know they play a huge part of so many things. You could always talk with the doc, gather info, and make a decision later what to do. I feel like I am on a witch hunt trying to find ways to ease my pain and get healthier.

Thanks for the suggestion.

~ Tina ~

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 2:56pm

I am trying to remind myself this is a snap shot in time and one day we will be in our own place again. I can only do what I can and let go of what I cannot...easier said then done, but I will work on that way of thinking as much as I can.

I hope my hard work in finding ways to improve my health pays off. I do realize it will take some time though.

~ Tina ~

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-05-2010 - 2:47pm

Hey Tina! I went to the pdoc yesterday. It was a year to the day, apparently. He was not thrilled but didn't give me a hard time either -whew! He's actually a great doc, lol! I asked him about the bioidentical hormones we were talking about in this thread (I do not want to go back on lamictal or try anything else other than what I'm on now) and he's all for it, he's pretty progressive. He even recommended a book called Hormones and The Mind by Edward Klaiber. He had a study paper on it that he pulled out plus he's read it himself.

He also recommended a supplement for depression and irritation (the 2nd one is my little hallmark) called N-Acetyl Cystiene which he said I can buy anywhere. He said there have been psych studies done on it with great results. It's naturally ocurring in the body but BP's are known to have deplete stores of it. Anyway, I thought I'd pass the info along. I'm going to give it a go, he already has me on fish oil.

I hope you're having a good weekend! :)

<