QOTD for Thursday

iVillage Member
QOTD for Thursday
Thu, 02-19-2004 - 10:33am
Of all the things you can cook, what dish do you like the most?

*** DAISY ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-19-2004 - 10:38am

I'll have to say the Chicken Marsala.

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-19-2004 - 10:48am
Well, Julie...... we want to know the new and improved version!!

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-19-2004 - 10:52am
I am such a moody cook, it really depends on what I'm in the mood for.
TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-19-2004 - 11:10am
Everyone always want me to make Chicken and homemade noodles, they are really good. They all like the noodles served over mashed potatos. My DH eats till his stomach hurts.

Hugs, Barb
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-19-2004 - 12:31pm
I am the same way! I can't really pick just one thing b/c it depends on what I am in the mood for.

I do make a wonderful grilled cheese sandwhich...LOL! Potato soup, veggie lasagna, stuffed shells, fried chicken. I think my favorite foods, though are more summery foods...chicken salad, grilled chicken teriyaki, salads, etc.

Kelly

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-19-2004 - 1:12pm
I'll have to cheat a little because I have 2:

First, the Sticky Chicken-my sister, who is not a big meat eater, LOVES it! SO do I-thank you all for raving about and posting the recipe, I have never had a chicken taste so good!

Second, what I (and Martha) call Spaghetti 101. The ONLY Martha Stewart recipe I use, it's a very fresh tasting sauce for spaghetti. Here:

1-8 oz. box of spaghetti

1-28 oz. can of whole peeled tomatoes (including the juice)

4-cloves of garlic

1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes

Fresh basil leaves, about 7-8

extra virgin olive oil

Start the spaghetti, it will be done at same time sauce is

Put some of the oil in a large saute pan (a high sided pan works best)

Slice the garlic cloves thinly, and put in the oil on low heat

Whirl the tomatoes (and their juice in can) in a blender, food mill, or with a stick blender (smush 'em up!)

Put tomatoes in the saute pan with the garlic, stir and turn up heat to medium

Add the crushed pepper flakes

At the last possible minute (right before your spaghetti is done) tear the basil leaves into the sauce and stir them in.

When spaghetti is done, drain well and toss it into the pan with the sauce. Toss until well mixed.

Serve!

While I do like slow simmered all day sauce, this one is very fresh, and a good choice if time is tight.

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-19-2004 - 1:13pm
My chicken corn chowder with homemade rolls. I don't make this very often, because it sends Tristan into a royal tizzy, but when I do make it, I make alot so I can freeze some!!

~Carrie

(who was in bed, sick all day yesterday with one of the worst headache's ever - still not feeling so hot today, so I thoughtfully REFUSE to answer yesterday's QOTD!! LOL)

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-19-2004 - 1:29pm
This is one of the recipes that has been passed down to me from my grandma and...EVERYONE LOVES homemade noodles with chicken over mashed potatoes, YUMMY!!! My DSO's son begs for this every Sunday (we always have large meals on Sundays)!

Jill

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-19-2004 - 1:40pm
I dont' think I can say just one thing...I like a lot of things I cook. I've gotten a lot of compliments on my cheddar broccoli soup and even impressed DSO's dad with it...which is practically impossible!! I like my enchillada casserole, I can also make some pretty good pancakes...geez, now I'm just plain hungry :) Oh, and like Barb...homemade noodles are always a good route to go in our household!!

Jill

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-19-2004 - 1:57pm
I don't believe I've ever had a dish with chicken & noodles over mashed potatoes... it sounds delicious.. would you mind posting the recipe if you haven't already??

Pages