TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-24-2004 - 7:28am
I'm a semi- girlie girl.
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-24-2004 - 8:01am
I'm pretty girly...always have to have make up on when I go out (unless it's random Saturday errands) and have my hair done, etc. Don't wear a lot of jewelry though - just the basics - earrings, watch, wedding ring...occasionally a necklace and/or bracelet but not all the time.

Kelly

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-24-2004 - 9:04am
I guess you could say that I'm middle of the road -- I don't wear make-up all the time, or have my nails prefectly done, or curl my hair very often. But I do enjoy it all, and when it is time to go out (time with hubby, meeting, etc) you can bet I'm done!! LOL

I used to wear alot of jewlery - hubby used to spoil me! - but I just don't see the point in it anymore. I went thru a phase shortly after Hollyann was born where I got rid of aLOT of our "material" possessions that we had bought early on in our marriage when we were trying to be taht *grown-up, adult married couple.* You know what? We were happier after doing it, too -- even when I sold off most of my jewlery!! Now, I do still have a nice yet small stock of earrings, and one of hubby's favorite things to get me while overseas is jewlery (it's way cheap over there, especially silver!), so I didn't ditch it all!! LOL

On the other hand, many people think that I am VERY girlie simply because I stay home - 1950s mentality, I guess!!

I any case, I think I am the perfect mix of feminine qualities!! =)

~Carrie

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-24-2004 - 9:21am

Carrie,

I'd give anything to be able to afford to stay home.

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-24-2004 - 9:22am
I guess I would be in the middle! I wear make-up everyday...just foundation, blush, mascara and chapstick. I have natural curly hair, so I just blow dry it and go, no curling involved. I paint my nails all the time, only because I used to bite my nails up until a couple of years ago, so now I take great pride in them. Although I broke most of them a week ago so I cut them down and they are not painted right now. I do wear some jewelry, but just basics. I have my ears pierced a ton on each ear and just keep studs in them, I have my necklace that never comes off, and I wear my watch and bracelet (DSO just got it for me for Christmas) daily. Oh, and I just got a ring from DSO for Valentine's day that I wear every day now...No girls, it's NOT an engagement ring...lol :)

Jill

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-24-2004 - 9:22am
Well.. I guess I have to admit that I'm kinda sorta on the girlie side... I do have to have my hair done and make up on when I go anywhere.

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-24-2004 - 9:52am
I would say middle of the road girlie now - I used to be more girlie girl but that was before children when I had a lot more time!!! I do wear basic make-up to work (foundation, lip color & mascara) but not always on the weekends. Right now I wear some diamond studs that DH got me for our 10th anniversary - I like them because I never have to take them off, lol....comfortable enough to sleep in and I don't have the time right now to coordinate my jewelry (yes, I used to do this everyday). I also usually wear a bracelet, my watch is broken and haven't taken it in to be fixed and I still cannot get my wedding ring back on since having DS - might need to look at having it resized. Regarding my hair - no fuss there. I usually shower at night and I'll blow dry my bangs but the rest dries naturally and sometimes is still damp in the mornings, lol. My nails aren't long enough for polish but on the rare times they are I do enjoy it. In the summer I always have polish on my toes - my one indulgence.

Again, as others have said if DH and I are going out or for a special occassion I'll go all out - I enjoy doing it but just not everyday!

Amy

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-24-2004 - 11:42am

I'm the girliest of girls.

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-24-2004 - 12:16pm
I am so not a girlie girl. I WANT to be, I TRY to be but it is not to be.

Make up:

Powder

Lipgloss (lipstick if Im feeling risque' LOL)

Mascara (Revlon 3 day lash tint so I only put it on every 3 days HA)

Hair:

It has always been long other than 3 times that I've gotten a bug up my butt and whacked it off - case in point about 3 weeks ago. I got a cute little shag just above my shoulders and generally I don't do anything but brush it and sweep it to the side. When it was long I'd braid it, wear a pony, or up in clips.

I'm thinking of hi-lighting it for summer (It's dark sandy blonde now - au naturel)

Nails:

Up until last week: NOTHING

I did by a Sally Hansen French manicure kit and I tried it last night and I did a terrible job but I'll keep practicing. Toes are painted a dusty pink.

Jewelry:

Wedding ring.

If I go out I'll wear a pair of small hoops and MAYBE the necklace that I got for christmas a couple years ago.

A new girl got hired here at work and she ALWAYS dresses nice and has her makeup/hair and accessories all pulled together and looks great - thats why I started all of this stuff b/c I started to feel 'underdressed' or whatever.

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-24-2004 - 12:53pm
I do my hair, every day. It does not look good dried naturally, plus I'd have to get up early to get it all dried before I leave for work--thick.

Jewelry-just a watch, earrings, and sometimes a simple ring.

Make-up, sometimes! Ocassionally some blush, but that's about it.

So I guess I'm not too girly!

Pages