Tracy (& anyone else...related to pg)

iVillage Member
Tracy (& anyone else...related to pg)
Wed, 02-25-2004 - 12:51pm
Thanks for asking how I am (in the QOTD Tuesday thread)...I'm okay. It was ironic that you asked about my swelling - yesterday I spent the afternoon in Labor & Delivery! I panicked! I have a sinus infection and was put on Zithromax. Since taking it, I had not felt the baby move at all! So I called my dr and her secretary told me to get to L&D right away...she had me hysterical with her telling me how the baby could be in distress, could be a cord accident, etc. As you may know I'm a lawyer for the hospital and I know all of these things (logically I know how rare they are, but when it comes to me and my baby, I'm completely irrational! LOL!). So, I went up to L&D in tears and they had me on monitors and an ultrasound within 10 minutes of my arrival (helps to be the lawyer for these people ;o) Anyways, all was well. We saw the baby moving and his heartbeat was good...still didn't feel anything until later last night when I went to bed though. This morning I didn't feel much either, but now I'm feeling a lot more. He may have just been in a funky position for a while there and plus I haven't been eating as much because I've been sick, but now that I'm starting to feel better I think my appetite is coming back. But boy was I nervous! I have the "luxury" of seeing all of the bad things that can happen to babies and none of the good things, so I tend to be a little more paranoid than normal - a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing! And prior to me calling my doctor, another OB doc called me to inform me of a problem with a patient who did not feel any movement for 4 days and when she finally came in the baby had already died :o( So, of course, I was almost convinced that had happened to me! LOL!

They also mentioned that my feet, ankles and lower legs - up to the top of my shins, were swollen and pitting, and my blood pressure was high, but my BP's have been erratic throughout my pregnancy - one visit they are high, the next they are low. Other than that no signs of preeclampsia or anything. I really need new shoes though! LOL! I have 2 pairs that I can wear semi-comfortably and they are getting tighter and tighter. I told my boss I may be wearing tennis shoes to work...he just laughed. When I came back to work this morning all of my co-workers were so relieved and hugged me...I had rushed out crying that I had to go to L&D and didn't tell them what was going on! I called on my way home though and said everything was fine so not to worry. But my boss said we were so concerned we all just stopped working! They did too! Then he told me I should have taken today off...I said I was fine and I'm taking time off next week...It was nice to know I'm loved here! LOL!

Anyways, that was my horror story from yesterday. Hope it doesn't happen again...I think Alex is playing games with me!

Kelly

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-25-2004 - 1:57pm
Oh my goodness, Kelly.... what a scare!

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-25-2004 - 3:26pm
Oh my gosh Kelly - How scary.. I remember those thoughts when I was pregnant. But ya know he's just resting =). I am glad all is well and you take care of yourself!

Keep us posted !

Renee =)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-25-2004 - 4:26pm

Thanks for sharing Kelly.

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-25-2004 - 4:34pm
Tracy - CYE - It may have gotten sent twice - I was having issues sending.

Kelly