Stepping down as CL

iVillage Member
Stepping down as CL
Mon, 06-28-2010 - 12:46pm

I wanted to let everyone know that I am stepping down as CL. I told Amy, the community moderator, that I am willing to stay on until July 30th, unless a replacement is found sooner.

I have very much enjoyed being a volunteer on the board. I will continue to stop by as a member and keep in touch. I have had a lot of stress in my life for a long time now, and with my health issues on top of it, I am exhausted mentally and physically. Knowing I will be going to school and doing my internship full time in the fall will be all I can handle. I am not even sure I will be able to handle school and interning. I do know I have to take care of myself. Hopefully, the break I will have from school for about 7 weeks will help me rest and take of somethings I need to do for me.

I know my pain issues are getting me down a lot. I have been very depressed, especially the last couple of weeks. I stopped my "hard" pain meds over a month ago, and feel I may need to go back on them because I am not functioning very well due to all the pain. The quality of my life is diminishing due to the pain and depression the pain is causing. I am scheduled for an epidural in my sciatic joint on July 6, and I am not sure if that will help any or not.

I do not have any real support from my family or significant other, so everything is up to me to take care of. No one else will take care of me and I am realizing I have to take care of myself, somehow.

I do not feel I am able to give my all to the board and be of much benefit to anyone while I am in the position I am in. It took me a long time to come to this decision, and I talked it over with my tdoc. It was not an easy decision, but I have to do what is best for me and for the board.

Love & Peace to all.

~ Tina ~

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-28-2010 - 1:27pm
Thank you for all you do and have done for the board. I understand how you feel. You are much appreciated and I just wanted to say thank you. I hope things get better.

<
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-28-2010 - 2:23pm

I've already told you in email, how sorry we are that you'll be stepping down.

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-29-2010 - 7:13pm

Tina, you were a good buddy to me the whole time you were CL.

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-02-2010 - 11:03am

I'm am so sorry you will be missed.