CRAP, now what do I do..

iVillage Member
CRAP, now what do I do..
Thu, 08-12-2010 - 10:50pm

It took me 6 months to find my Pdoc, I had an appt this coming Monday that she had to cancel and I found out during that call that she is LEAVING the practice on Weds. She has NO open appts to see me, won't do a phone consult and will not provide references to another DR because I live so far away(130 miles). So now i start the search over and sadly I am not in a very good spot at all. Most of the peoblem is situational and I am trying to cope with the stress better but i am not succeding in that endeavor. I am waiting to find out whether or not I have to have brain surgery and it is so stressful. Dueing this I also failed out of college, applied for a new college and am trying to figure out whetehr to continue homeschooling my kids or to place them in the terrible public schools we have here.

I just can't deal with mroe crap and it keeps coming, i am quick to tear, yell and rant without provication, just not a fun feeling. I also realie that I have not been taking my AM meds, and will start back on those ASAP. UGHHH

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-13-2010 - 4:20pm

Just curious, why so long to find a doctor?

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-13-2010 - 4:29pm
I have to
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-13-2010 - 6:12pm

I know what you mean.

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-13-2010 - 9:12pm

Deb,

It is a shame that this pdoc did the most unethical thing to you, she abandoned you as a client and left you with no care. This is not acceptable. If it were me, I would report her to the APA (American Psychiatric Association). You can contact them by mail: 1000 Wilson Blvd Suite 1825 Arlington, VA. 22209, or e-mail: apa@psych.org, or you can call them at 1-888-357-7924.

This type of treatment should never be done to anyone, especially someone who is getting treatment for mental health. A lot of people in counseling already deal with abandonment issues; therefore, having a "professional" do this to you, or anyone, is uncalled for and harmful. I would report her so that it can go on her record and she may think twice about hurting someone else again. There are Ethic codes for the helping profession and abandoning a client is one big no no.

I would call your insurance company as well and report her actions to them because what they have not paid to her as of this date, they can withhold due to her breach of ethics.

I hope you are able to get into another college. I know homeschooling is something you want to do, but public schools are not all bad. Having social interaction helps our kids learn to deal with different types of people. You can still teach them good values and morals at home. Allowing your kids to attend public school may be what you need to get your school work done and completed.

I hope you are able to find another pdoc asap. Call her office back and let them know you do not appreciate her abandoning you and you want a list of referrals. Pdocs and tdocs are expected under the code of ethics to give an adequate amount of time to notify the client of a termination date....it should be at least 6-8 weeks and they are required to give you at least one referral or give you time to contact your insurance company for referrals to have care when the pdoc and you see one another for the last time.

This type of treatment makes me so mad. Do not let her get away with this. Like you said, finding a pdoc or tdoc is not easy in the area you live in.

BTW, I am glad to see you post, but I am sorry things are tough right now. Don't be a stranger.

Hugs,

~ Tina ~